“Haut Cuisine in Alberta” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 18 Ave. Uptown Mount Royal Bed & Breakfast

18 Ave. Uptown Mount Royal Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
18 Ave. Uptown Mount Royal Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 52 Calgary B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Haut Cuisine in Alberta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ron and Michael are considerate and welcoming hosts. Their charming, heritage home, offers every comfort. It is quietly situated in a lovely tree-lined street, in a residential area which is full of older houses, yet only a short walk from 17th Avenue, with its shops and restaurants.
The breakfasts here are delicious. Despite the restriction of my Celiac diet, Ron and Michael produced wonderful feasts for us. We had a super time with them, and would highly recommend their B&B .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Angu On
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

In July we went to Calgary for stampede. While there we stayed at this B & B. Owner was very friendly extending very good service in all ways. This was convenient, quiet location to downtown Calgary and the stampede. House was spotless with breakfast that was remarkable. We would definitely recommend this B & B to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank K D T
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a great friendly B&B in a really nice neighbourhood in Calgary. It's in the Mount Royal area which has beautiful old homes and is nice and quiet, but still walkable to the downtown area. When we first arrived we were a few hours late because of delayed flights, and we saw Michael leaving for an appointment. Even though he was already late, he still took the time out to help us put our bags inside and show us where the shops were so we could buy our winter clothing (we didn't have any since we just came from Australia).

We stayed for 2 nights in the Gardenside room which had a wonderfully comfy bed and its own bathroom. The place was spotless. The breakfast was big, varied and delicious, with fruit salad, yoghurt & Michael's wonderful ham & cheese croissant. We stayed in March and I was impressed that they were able to get tropical fruit such as mangoes for breakfast. Because we had to leave early on our 2nd morning, we weren't able to have breakfast so Michael was kind enough to drop the room price for us. He also organised a taxi for our early morning flight. Michael was a wonderful host and took very good care of us. Thanks for everything!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mannnnndy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed at the Mount Royal B&B as a solo female traveller in August 2011 but due to health problems since then I have been unable to leave feedback.

Visiting Calgary for the first time, it was nice to stay at a B&B with a personal touch. I was provided help with my luggage and stayed in the fireside room for one night. I was introduced to the nuances of the house upon arrival which is more than fair considering you are not staying in a cookie-cut-out pre-fabricated hotel, rather someone's home. I too found the list of house rules which were referred to by a previous reviewer acceptable and understandable. The folder of local restaurant menus (with added recommendations) is very insightful and helped me decide where to eat.

In the evening I returned after dinner to find the living room beautifully lit, just for me, with an offer of sherry and a chocolate on my pillow :) The bed was very comfy indeed, and the linen lovely. My only recommendation is that you speak up if you are allergic to feathers - I totally forgot to check before I got into bed and fell into a fantastic jet-lag fuelled slumber but woke with a bit of a cough - entirely my fault!

Breakfast the following morning was very good indeed, with homemade bread, a cooked breakfast and great coffee. The fruit basket and yogurt alone would have been sufficient for me but there was a lot more on offer.

There was no problem leaving my luggage at the B&B during the day whilst I explored the city which I was grateful for. When I returned a cab was ordered for me and whilst I waited for it, I was treated to some cordial on the verandah. If you are visiting from the UK, take a bottle of the Green Bottle Lemongrass & Ginger cordial with you - it will be very well received and much appreciated!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CKTravelling
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Our stay at the Mount Royal Bed and Breakfast was absolutely marvelous. We had a wonderful time in this lovely house. The great hospitality and friendliness of the proprietor has made us feel like at home in Calgary.
Best regards from Switzerland!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I just returned from a 5 night stay here when I was in Calgary for job interviews and my experience was great. The first morning I was pleasantly surprised at breakfast to be given, amongst a few other things, homemade bread and jam, premium quality tea, and fresh fruit and yogurt topped with an edible flower. The presentation was beautiful and relaxing music played in the background while I ate.

The room was comfortable and nicely decorated, as was the property in general. I stayed in the garden-side room which has a large, lovely private deck area (I only wish I spent more time out there).

The host was very accommodating and helpful in orienting me with Calgary. Another perk with the property was its great location. It is mere steps away from the trendy 17th Avenue and walkable to downtown. I will definitely recommend staying here to family and friends visiting Calgary!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 22Tan
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

The place was clean, neat and, welcoming. The owner was helpful and concerned about my needs. The room was very clean, the breakfast was excellent !
The location is great and the price was reasonable . I will definitely come back if I am in Calgary.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business