“Minimal hotel”

Ranked #68 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Minimal hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

This a to/from airport hotel. The Bed is OK, the furnishings are old but everything works. There is a microwave, mini fridge big flat screen TV, and free internet but NO CLOCK. (I need to get to the airport remember?). We could not get any coffee or rolls before the 7AM breakfast which was inconvenient for many early flights.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 42golf56_9
LoriCLM, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We do have clocks available at the Front Desk and are in the process of providing one in each guest room to assist guests, in addition to our wake up call service that is provided. This changeis is process as is the tv replacement - only a few rooms at this point have flat screen tv's as you have indicated in your review. I apologize that due to your early departure that the continental breakfast was not available - our breakfast times are from 7 am to 10 am. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was in Calgary for a weekend whilst checking out/touring the University of Calgary as a prospective school. I stayed at this motel and it was in a perfect location. It's very close to the university and made it easily accessible to get there. This motel is also really close to a great shopping mall (which was fabulous for a young, university student such as myself). The train was literally a stone's throw away and there are many great restaurants in the area. Overall, the location was exactly what I needed and in my opinion, provides any traveler with everything they need.

Though the decor in the rooms dates them, the rooms are very clean and comfortable and afforded me a great nights' sleep without any noise or disturbance. As well, this motel has an outdoor pool, which was a great added bonus.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating and were very helpful, answering any questions I had about the area or Calgary. This motel is very affordable for someone such as myself, who is a post-secondary student, or anyone who is not looking to spend a lot of money, or is adhering to a budget. This motel has everything you need for affordable prices. I would recommend this motel to anyone and will continue to stay there during future trips to Calgary.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank worldtraveler0754
LoriCLM, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write a review on our property. Your positive comments are very important to us and we are pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Your comments are very helpful to future and prospective guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Calgary and we look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed here for almost a week and I was pleased with what I paid for. Make no mistake, the hotel isn't the newest on the block... but for what they offer, you can't help but to book! Being in motel village offered a great location to travel, with the C-Train station being close by.

The rooms were dated, but comfotable nonetheless. The mattresses were new and comfortable, and the rooms are quiet - offering any traveler peace of mind at the end of day.

I would gladly stay here again. The staff were friendly and accomodating and went above and beyond to help any lousy tourist question I posed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SgtTravel
LoriCLM, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your opinions of our property with future travellers. We appreciate guests comments. We are always trying to ensure that our guests have a pleasant, comfortable and affordable stay while in Calgary. As you mentioned our location is central to lots of venues that attract many visitors and other travellers. Customer service is vital to the success of our business and we are always happy to assist any of our guests with any questions they may have about our property, the city and any tourist sites etc. We enjoy getting to know our visitors and look forward to them having a great experience while visiting our city. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Recently stayed at Canada's Best Value Inn this month, while having work done on my house. Given that I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on accommodation, I was looking for a place which allowed me a good nights rest while not hitting me to drastically in the pocket book. I can readily say that these needs were met. I found the staff friendly and accommodating, while the rooms were clean and comfortable. As an extra little bonus, it was nice to be able to spend a few hours sitting in the sun by the outdoor pool. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with all the qualities of home, this will not be the place for you. However, if you're on a limited budget and are just looking for a place to lay your head at the end of the day, this place definitely fits the bill.

Timothy

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank timbo1963
Thank you for your kind and honest review of our property. We appreciate you expressing your opinion to assist others in their future travel plans. We strive very hard to ensure that customer service is one of the main goals of our motel. Our Housekeeping Department takes great pride in their work and continues to work towards the goal of ensuring the guest is happy. We are very happy that you were able to benefit from a few hours in the summer sitting by our pool. We are looking forward to a fantastic summer with lots of sun. Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Derby Uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Booked this after staying in the Sundowner at Winter Park, Colarado. No comparison with that excellent hotel.
The motel was dowdy and well worn. Door locks and rear window not very secure. Staff polite and helpful but given wrong key on check in and had to ask for a coffee machine.
Like many motels in this area was handy for the tram service into town and the airport.
Reasonable price but there must be better motels nearby. Wish we had looked further for our last night in Canada.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MistletoeDerbyUK
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are sorry that your last night in Canada resulted in you being disappointed with your choice of accomodation. We strive very hard to maintain our older building, provide a comfortable stay with clean rooms and friendly courteous staff and follow up with you after your check in to see if we can assist you with any concerns or requests. We do offer such items as coffee makers and hairdryers upon request as unfortunately they are not available in each room. I apologize for the mix up with the key situation and have addressed the issue with Front Desk staff. Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns to us.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Not at all impressed, I felt like I was in an 80's horror movie. In fact, we switched hotels even though the room was paid for.

• Stayed June 2011
I am sorry that the property did not meet with your expectations. We are at the property unaware of any guest leaving under these circumstances, or of being so disappointed and uncomfortable at the motel. We continually strive to ensure that customer service, clean and affordable rooms, and great value are our main priorities and goals. We strongly believe that these are the main fundamentals of the hospitality business and strive to ensure that all our guests stay are pleasant and enjoyable.
Medicine Hat, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

My mother-in-law was in the hospital so we stayed there. The rooms were Very Clean. That's all the good points. The water stayed hot for quite a long time, Tile in Bathroom crooked and shartered (Still solid though, An extention cord in the wall it looked like for the TV plug, One electrical plug quit while using the Lap top, The screen was held in with foam, Bathroom paint above tub suround cracked and could see drywall be hind it. Thought the morning office staff were rude after my wife pourd a cofffee and leaked all over she took the lid off and put it on strait they were not very freindly about it. On the other good the beds were good and as I said very clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Glen411
I regret that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We strive to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one, and unfortunately we did not on this trip. I am sure you had enough other concerns on your mind with your medical stay, that these identifed concerns just added to it. Your maintenance/building construction concerns have been relayed on to the appropriate persons. We are always working together at the property to improve any customer service concerns. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate your thoughts.