“Saddledome”

The Scotiabank Saddledome
Ranked #31 of 307 things to do in Calgary
Reviewed April 3, 2013

we went to the Bon Jovi concert and was pleased with the seating and friendliness of the staff. You can park for free at the Stampede Casino underground parking. The walk to the Saddledome is about 5 minutes, just go through the back parking lot and there it is.

1  Thank neicey22

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My very first live Flames game at the Saddledome and I had such a good time. We got to see the Flames beat out the San Jose Sharks! Our seats were rink side and close to the penalty boxes - sure get see the action that close to the ice. Service to our seats was a very nice touch. Truly enjoyed the experience!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A very nice arena.. simplistic to navigate, being one from Toronto its hard to get a drink with some culture but the indoor bar and seating is a nice touch to see before and after a game , a place to sit and relax with your friends, or take your drink to your seats. The prices are Normal high prices paid in any arena. Sit back relax and enjoy ..
Thanks Calgary for showing us a greta time...

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to the Scotiabank Saddledome last night, March 3rd 2013, to watch the Calgary Flames play the Vancouver Canucks.

Their was a major blizzard most of the day but the venue was still open. I mention the blizzard for parking reasons only and this is the reason that I didn't give the attraction a 5/5.

We drove to the Saddledome and parked on the Stampede grounds. The cost for the parking ticket was $15 and you could pay either by cash or credit card.

We were routed through the grounds and ended up in a snowy parking lot. 20 cm of snow fell during the day and the lot reflected this. It took us over 15 minutes to get into the lot with direction from staff. After the game it took us over 30 minutes to get out of the lot and no staff were there to direct us out. My wife and I were talking that the White Sox's had attendants help after the game with the traffic jam also. Perhaps something to look at Flames?

The game was very entertaining. We purchased a large popcorn and 2 large drinks for $7.50. Apparently this was 50% off and one of the deals for the night so a great steal!

The crowd was very into the game. The atmosphere was incredible! Awesome all around. Lots of give aways and neat little things to keep you entertained in between periods.

A tip, watch the fan seating and the press box seating. If you are up high you cannot see the centre ice score board because of the Saddledome's "saddle roof dip". As a result you pay less but are treated to large screen TV's to see the game.

Prices are super expensive for for beers and food. You could easily spend a lot of money if you are not careful.

The 50/50 draw was fun last night. It was over $60,000 so a slip of $30,000 if you won!

A great place that has a good team vibe. I have watched games in Chicago, St. Louis, Edmonton, and Calgary and I really like the Calgary experience (Chicago is a very close second) because I'm a Flames fan!

1  Thank Brett P
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been to many things in the Saddledome over the years, I like the building. But be warned everything is over priced!