“Great location to watch a hockey game”

The Scotiabank Saddledome
Ranked #30 of 305 things to do in Calgary
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to the Scotiabank Saddledome last night, March 3rd 2013, to watch the Calgary Flames play the Vancouver Canucks.

Their was a major blizzard most of the day but the venue was still open. I mention the blizzard for parking reasons only and this is the reason that I didn't give the attraction a 5/5.

We drove to the Saddledome and parked on the Stampede grounds. The cost for the parking ticket was $15 and you could pay either by cash or credit card.

We were routed through the grounds and ended up in a snowy parking lot. 20 cm of snow fell during the day and the lot reflected this. It took us over 15 minutes to get into the lot with direction from staff. After the game it took us over 30 minutes to get out of the lot and no staff were there to direct us out. My wife and I were talking that the White Sox's had attendants help after the game with the traffic jam also. Perhaps something to look at Flames?

The game was very entertaining. We purchased a large popcorn and 2 large drinks for $7.50. Apparently this was 50% off and one of the deals for the night so a great steal!

The crowd was very into the game. The atmosphere was incredible! Awesome all around. Lots of give aways and neat little things to keep you entertained in between periods.

A tip, watch the fan seating and the press box seating. If you are up high you cannot see the centre ice score board because of the Saddledome's "saddle roof dip". As a result you pay less but are treated to large screen TV's to see the game.

Prices are super expensive for for beers and food. You could easily spend a lot of money if you are not careful.

The 50/50 draw was fun last night. It was over $60,000 so a slip of $30,000 if you won!

A great place that has a good team vibe. I have watched games in Chicago, St. Louis, Edmonton, and Calgary and I really like the Calgary experience (Chicago is a very close second) because I'm a Flames fan!

1  Thank Brett P
There are newer reviews for The Scotiabank Saddledome

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been to many things in the Saddledome over the years, I like the building. But be warned everything is over priced!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town for business and was treated to a box suite seat from a vendor. The seats were great and the staff service was excellent. Great place to catch a game. Access in and out was a breeze before and after the game.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went with girlfriends to see Oprah. Every woman in Calgary was there - and we happened to sit beside one of the few guys in the audience. Overall the view was good with lots of big screens to watch the action. The only issue was getting out. It took us about 10 minutes to leave the Saddledome and there were lots of people (security) to make sure you did not enter anywhere but absolutely no one to direct the crowds. Also the parking lot was jammed. When you arrive there are lots of people directly the parking but when you leave it is gridlock and no one directs traffic to get out. Crazy!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

A unique designed building that is the home of the Calgary
Flames----if they ever get back playing again! Haven't attended a hockey game there for quite awhile, however.