“Great place for kids!!”

TELUS Spark
Ranked #20 of 307 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TELUS Spark is a non-profit organization with a mission to become a role model and force for social change. It takes a core set of skills to create something new, whether it's a ground breaking discovery or a toy robot. TELUS Spark is a place to build these skills by using your imagination to see beyond what exists, your curiosity to formulate a question and persistence and problem-solving skills to keep going, despite surprises and mistakes, to find the confidence in yourself to uncover the answers.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was a great museum with lots of good activities for kids. But expensive. $20 per adult, plus you have to pay $5 parking fee which is ridiculous because you're out in the middle of nowhere in Calgary. I would only return to take some kids through again, not that exciting for adults or worth the price.

1  Thank Allinmi

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Found the experience to be expensive and boring. We went first thing in the morning so that we could spend the entire day at spark, but we only spent about 3 hours there and that included a movie and a lunch. We didnt think the exhibits related every day science very well. The few hands on exhibits that we did like didn't do a good job explaining why you were doing what you were doing. The movie was ok and i know spark had nothing to do with the editing but we found the image to be grainy. Lunch was ok but i am not sure if the amount of fruit flies that buzzed around ment that we were in a science experiment or a poorly cleaned cafeteria. In total we spent about 80 dollars, would have rather gone skiing.

4  Thank pa31
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was not a good start to the visit when I found out that I had to pay to park. What the heck the only way to get there is with a car!! Force us to pay. Blah. The the over priced entrance fees and slightly boring activity areas. I had two five year olds with me and the most exciting part for them was the indoor jungle gym. I could not believed I spent close to $100 so they can play indoors. Much cheaper places in Calgary for that. Oh and the staff. Don't even get me started. Upset with me if the kids made any noise. Forbid them for trying to have fun.

7  Thank heyyouover
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were at Telus Spark for a birthday party. It has many neat displays and interactive features for little children and I totally see myself brining my 3 year old here all the time. Facilities are great (especially bathroom for little ones). Except that it's terribly overpriced for the value it offers. The adult admission ($19.95) and children admission ($13.95) is expensive for a science centre and the membership is about $20-$30 more expensive than the zoo (which offers way more value and space). I urge the Telus Spark to lower the price for adult to $10 and free admission fo children under 8 years old to encourage more people to visit. Also, lower your membership fee to around $80 for one adult and one children.

1  Thank qqsong
Reviewed December 12, 2012

we found the price extremely high!! There were a limited number of displays. most of the displays and interactive activities were geared to the under 5 age group.

5  Thank c3c3c3