“Decent Stay”

Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Moved from another hotel to this one due to issues at the other hotel. The rate at the Staybridge was competitive to other area hotels. The room was somewhat worn but OK. There was a strong smell of febreeze in the room. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The front staff were excellent. The morning breakfast had a good selection. I was looking to find a car wash at 6:00AM and the guy working the front desk went out of his way to find a location that was open at that time of the morning, great customer service. I have suggested to our local branch manager to consider using this hotel in the future rather than the usual one that is used (many issues). Our company does about 60 room nights a year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team. We are excited to hear that you had a great time with us and hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Once again thank you for choosing The Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport!

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for two nights. My front desk attendant Avis went above and beyond, assisting with my bags from my car to my room and checking to make sure I had everything I needed. He called me by name through my whole visit! Very personable! My room was comfortable for 2 nights of work travel, the kitchen and couch area made it feel like a small apartment not a hotel. It was quiet and clean. Excellent value for the rate! The complimentary breakfast had a lot of choices and added to the value greatly! I will be back next time I am in Calgary!

• Stayed: January 2014
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

A special hello to our valued guest,

We couldn’t be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your lovely review!
Our caring staff always goes out of their way to make our guest’s experience an extra special one, so we are very happy to hear Anis took special care of you! We will be sure to pass on your kind words to him!
Again thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites again very soon!

Thanks Again!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Staying here one night while I was passing through. Only problem I has was at the start. Rang up to get a shuttle bus and told it was going to be 20 minutes. Waiting for nearly 40 and eventually one showed up. Looked like the hotel hadn't asked them. From a bad start, rest of the stay was good. No restaurent, but theirs is a Ricos restaurent behind the building which is good. Hotel is clean and a newly built. Will be coming back again, but will probably take a taxi next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, restaurent around the back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback, highlighting the good and detailing the opportunities for improvement. It is good to know that you found our staff to be friendly and rooms sufficient for your needs. However, I regret that you were inconvenienced by our shuttle service. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously to help us improve aspects of our hotel for our guest needs.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with all our travelers!

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Hotel and staff are great.

Staff are all friendly and professional including the housecleaning team who smile and greet you as well.

The building is clean although some public areas have a faint smell of incense. I am not a fan of that, but the room was fine odour-wise.

Shower has enough power to wash the day's stress away, not something a frequent traveller can say about many hotels. The soap is larger than a thimble so that too is tick on the plus side it things.

Breakfast is typical for Staybridge which is better than any other hotel of its type with a selection large enough to satisfy most people and they provide free coffee and tea 24 hours a day. There is also a bowl of fresh fruit to pick from at all hours.

Parking is outdoors which is always a bit challenging during bad weather, but it is what it is and certainly 90% of these types of hotels are the same.

The rooms are to put it bluntly, terrific if you wish a bit of stretching room. Equate them to a small one-bedroom apartment and you will have created the perfect mental picture.

There are adequate outlets to charge up your "stuff" although it would be a good idea to carry an extension cord.

This chain offers free laundromat service, meaning free use of their washers and dryers. At the time of my stay there were three washers and two dryers which can encourage longer waits during busier times, and as I understood from a couple of other guests, one of the dryers was inadequate. I ended up visiting a laundromat 6 kms away to dry what I had washed. I am sure a bit of attention to this would solve that problem so it's certainly nothing to truly criticize.

The towels are thick and thirsty... not the threadbare variety one may get at some places. To be fair, the majority of self-serve hotels have decent towels... but the Holiday Inn group (this is part of that group) can boast a bit about their towels.

The ONLY downside (personal taste) to this location of Staybridge and for me it's a big one... were the beds.

They offer very little support for those with temperamental backs. Sit on the edge of the bed and you'll sink to the floor. I am exaggerating of course but you get the idea. The sleeping area offers a soft and non-supportive surface, possibly foam or latex.

There is a reason why many hotels advertise "dream-beds" or the like for they ARE amazing. Every other Staybridge I have been to (many in Ontario) are perfectly fine. This location lacks the comfort in this very important category.

Again, it's personal taste so if you like ultra-soft beds, you'll love this place.

Would I stay here again? Possibly... and sadly that's only because of the beds. The rest of the place scores extremely high in every other category.

Happy travels everyone.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your travel experience with all our travelers out there. I would like to thank you for choosing us as we strive in providing the best hospitality Calgary has to offer.

Once again thank you and we can’t wait to see you on your next visit into Calgary.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here for a night as I managed to get a room for under a hundred bucks.

When I walked in I was floored at the size of my room. I had a full kitchen sweet, couch, desk, bed, and a breakout bathroom where the shower/toilet are separated from the sink area.

I'd go back here any time, although I would advise staying a little away from the elevators and directly above the front lobby as I could hear some noise.

The workout room in the hotel is nicely sized too, but the true gem is the breakfast in the morning. I ate so much I skipped lunch. Well worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all our travelers out there, we truly appreciate it and value you as our guest!
We are excited to hear you were able to take advantage of all our complimentary amenities and services we offer! The features we offer are to give our guests the comforts and conveniences, just like they would receive at home. We want all our guests to feel comfortable and welcome because that’s the Staybridge way! All our staff are truly dedicated to going out of their way to ensure our guests are taken care, so I am glad you were able to get to know a few of them!
Our rooms are appointed with fully equipped kitchens including full size refrigerator, microwave, stovetop and dishwasher which help to add functionality and a home like experience for our guests.
We are glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and hope you had a chance to enjoy our social receptions. These are two of our most raved about amenities we offer on the house! The social receptions are held (Tue -Thurs 5:30pm-7:30pm) including soft drink, salads and a changing menu of finger foods. Our hot breakfast buffet also offers a wide range of hot and cold items to choose which is served daily (M-F 6:30-9:30 Sat &Sun 7:30-10:30).
We are happy to know that we made a lasting impression and hope to see you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I can't find enough words to describe my deep pleasure from the experience I had through staying in Calgary at this hotel. I love this hotel ! We have stayed in a lot of hotels throughout the world. None compare to this one. The suite was extremely comfortable and well-equipped. The kitchenette was great - all you need to bring is whatever food you need. The front-desk clerk was VERY courteous and professional - it seemed to come very naturally to him which was a pleasant experience! We like visiting Calgary and this will be a preferred hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie H
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Hello Julie H,

I would like to take a moment in thanking you for choosing The Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport on your visit to Calgary. It has been with great pleasure for use to have you as our guest. Our service staff is what makes our hotel stand out in the hospitality industry and trust me each and every one of our staff love to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our guest experience is memorable. I would also like to thank you for sharing your outstanding review with other travelers; just remember this is truly your home-away-from-home when you are in Calgary.

Once again thank you and from your Staybridge Family HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Every year my family and I want a place during Christmas we call Home since we all come from out side Calgary . Staybridge suites Calgary Airport is the right place to be called home away from home. It was truly incredible! We are amazed anyone could find anything to complain about. Staff was amazing, hot breakfast was some of the best we have had anywhere, rooms were gorgeous, beautiful pool and hot tub . we are big fans of Staybridge Suites and will keep coming back to their hotels.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms suites are the best suitable for family
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob F
StaybridgeYYC1, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for this extraordinary review,

Staybridge Suites is the upscale extended stay brand that
provides a warm, home-like experience for guests who spend
a good bit of time away from home. We strive to meet both the
physical and emotional needs of comfort to create a unique and
authentic sense of home-like belonging. When guests experience
Staybridge Suites, we want them to feel totally comfortable, like
a member of the family, and not just a guest.
Whether socializing with other guests and our teams during an
evening reception or relaxing in our Outdoor court yard, our
guests view us as caring, sociable and down-to-earth because
these values are present in everything they experience.