“sand traps galore”

Harvest Hills Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in scenic hill country in North-central Calgary, the Harvest Hills Golf Course is considered one of Alberta's most-challenging nine-hole layouts. This superb regulation-length, championship course with 68 bunkers and water hazards coming into play on seven holes, offers players of all levels an exciting and motivating adventure throughout this nine-hole course.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A very nice course ,lots of challenges, a good time we had a good lunch there, and enjoyed our 18 holes of golf. It is easy to drive there and the people are friendly and helpful. there Pro shop had lots of good deals

1  Thank 943candy

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Make sure you leave yourself lots of time when you golf at Harvest Hills. It's in my community, but I am so tired of the 3+ hour rounds of golf for 9 holes I'm done playing there, and Bob the owner isn't very professional, as noted in another "complaint" review. I golf all over Calgary and area and have never encountered such slow play as that at Harvest Hills and such rudeness from the owner, the pro shop staff were pleasant though. In my opinion the slow play is because they put the tee times close together, they don't "manage" the tee times, so you'll have a 2 some, then behind them a 4 some and then another 2 some, etc, or like what we found today, people show up late for their tee times and are waiting on the rest of their party and they delay everyone because of it.
There is one marshal on the course who is a complete wuss and won't inform the players they will have to join the other two some if the rest of their party isn't at the course on time. Bad etiquette and Mgmt accepts the bad etiquette. So if you are going to golf this course, make sure you leave yourself the time you'd normally play 18 holes of golf, or maybe just book at another course for more professional dealings and less frustration and more holes of golf to play! It's a shame it's so poorly managed, because the actual course is always in great shape and it's got it's challenges that's for sure, and of course, for me, it's close to home! But even with that, I won't play there anymore.

1  Thank nickionthegreen
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Not the challenging of courses but still a great place to catch a quick 9 after work. Make sure to stay clear of the bunkers that litter this course from start to finish.

2  Thank Mkilburn9
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Harvest Hills is a very well maintained golf course, great service and awsome food. I use to live in the area so we got to the course quit a bit in the summer. I did find it hard the first few times but as I got to know the couse it got easier. I was told Harvest hills Golf course was featured in a golf magazine for one of the best 9 holes in Alberta. If your a beginner you should try for some lessons before hitting this course. I have seen grown men lose it on the greens. Nothing a beer and one of the awsome burgers didn't fix though.

2  Thank ern678
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Don't understand what the previous reviewers found so bad. we have never had a problem with the food or the staff. It is a challenging course with all the water and sand but an easy walk as fairly flat. Beginners should go to par 3 courses as well as a driving range before they hit the links.

1  Thank flowerpainter