“Accomodating manager”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #35 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I posted the previous review "BEWARE" regarding our nightmare stay at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino. I wrote an e-mail to the manager when we got home outlining my complaints and I am very pleased to report that the manager did phone me back at my home and offered her sincerest apologies. I was impressed that they did at least care and were willing to take the time to phone me at home to acknowledge they had made a mistake.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Family055

Reviewed May 6, 2010

I had to travel to Calgary for business. They "pre-authorized" my credit card for $775.00 dollars....my total bill was $624.00 for 3 nights + meals and I PAID IN CASH. I did not know that they had done this. WHAT A MESS when I went to book a flight and my credit card was declined! I will NEVER EVER stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank is_it_just_me_10
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear is_it_just_me_10,

Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the confusion with your credit card. It is our goal to ensure 100% satisfaction with all of our guests. We are disappointed to hear about your displeasure with the billing method you provided to us at check in.

We are always willing to work on an independent basis to meet the individual needs of all our guests. Our billing policy for the hotel requires payment of room and tax charges, and a pre-authorization on a credit card for any incidentals (deposit) upon check in. This is a general industry standard. Additionally when you charge incidentals to the room we increase the authorization to the credit card to cover the amount of charges and deposit. Upon check out we release any additional deposit we are holding back to your credit card.

Once again I apologize for the confusion here and we are happy to work with you to meet any of your billing requirements for your next stay with us should you decide to return to our property. We would be very happy to welcome you back as our guest.

Best Regards,

Bryce Reid

Reviewed February 18, 2010

I recently stayed two nights with my wife and kids (3 & 6), the rate for a family suite was $179.00/night, which is completely overpriced for this hotel. The room was constantly overheating(even though the heat was off), and we had to run the A/C to cool down(in the middle of winter), which is loud and annoying at best. Called down for extra pillows and was told there were none, which I argued and eventually received. The Mohave grill is terrible, and like the rooms, overpriced! The only nice thing I can say about this hotel is that the water park is nice for the kids.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank harrywCalgary
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We had new year eve steak and lobster (our only option) 6 oz filet more like 2. cold coffee, poor service, did not taste like normal food experiance, awful feeling after, pricy as well. Will never go back. This was 2nd and final experiance for us.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RonandJo

Dear RonandJo,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that we didn’t meet your expectations during your visit here. We are disappointed to hear about that the quality of the food that you received was less than acceptable. We are well known for our exceptional service and the quality of food that we serve here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We hope that you would return so we can show you the level of quality that we pride ourselves on.

Best Regards,

Bryce Reid

Reviewed December 31, 2009

The rooms were fine, as was the service and the pool and waterslide. The Mohave restuarant was awful. Probably the worse I have ever had. Pricey and poor quality. The resturant phone rang for the whole 1hr we were there. They messed up several of our orders, wrong drinks and wrong salad dressings. The food all tasted like it had been cooked in oil and the steaks were just poor quality. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wonder2005
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Went during Calgary Stampede, even though a little out of city centre was a great hotel to stay at. With the casino and the restaurants and buffet breakfasts it has all we could have wanted. We're big Spruce Meadows fans so will definetly be staying there when we go as it's very close...just minutes from Spruce.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank jump001
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We travelled to the Deerfoot Inn & Casino as a group with young children. The water park was amazing for the kids, the food was fantastic in the Mohave Grill, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The casino itself was very clean and fresh and we all enjoyed the atmosphere. Overall the facility was beautiful and i would recommend it to anyone for the overall entertainment experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family