“Tournament trip”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed March 24, 2014

It is sometimes hard to find hotels that will accept teams participating in tournaments but the Deerfoot Inn welcomed us with open arms. The rooms were modern and clean and the Kuerig coffee maker in the room was a nice touch. The lobby was large and decorated in a Rustic Calgary theme. Staff at the front desk were polite and helpful and the included breakfast, while not fancy, was more than adequate and again the restaurant was very "team" friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Bryce R, Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Bernard E,

Thank you for your recent review of the Deerfoot Inn and Casino. I was very pleased to read your comments as we frequently house a variety of sporting events and are pleased to be a sponsor for many of these tournaments in our area.
I was happy to hear that you found the hotel to be well appointed and our staff polite and helpful.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Calgary and thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Deerfoot Inn and Casino

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Deerfoot for a second time while competing in a Volleyball tournament this past March. While the Casino attracts one crowd the Hotel's proximity to sports facilities draws a lot of families. This creates an 'interesting' mixture of guests. The Deerfoot Inn is your typical highway inn. Rooms are well maintained and clean, but it's the staff who make a difference. On both visits each time I required assistance etc. they bent over backwards for me. From the resto to the checkin to the housekeeping staff, everyone was sincere and helpful. I don't know who's running the HR dept at the hotel, but keep up the good work.

Room Tip: An upgrade to the King Executive adds more room, amenities, and a few perks that we really appreciat...

Dear AvidTravelerEdmonton,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino. I was pleased to read a review from a repeat guest and thank you for staying with us.
I appreciate your positive comments about our staff, in particular our housekeeping team. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team as they work hard to ensure that our guests have a great experience.
We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Travelled with the family and a dog. Front desk was friendly and welcoming, daughter was given a surprise bag (coloring book, puzzle, balloon). Hotel was quiet and clean. We stayed in the family suite and it was great having the bit of extra space and the kitchenette plus water bottles and cookies. Pool was a little cool for my liking but had a great kids area, a waterslide and 2 hot tubs, well maintained. Ordered room service and it was decent priced, delivered timely and tasted good. Casino was a fair size and convenient (we took turns checking it out since we had the kids with us so it was nice that it was attached to the hotel). Would stay there again with or without family.

Dear ReginaJaw,

Thank you for staying at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino and we appreciate your feedback. I was pleased to read your review and to learn that you had a positive experience. The family suite which you stayed in is perfect for larger families and yes, we are pet friendly.
We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I do a lot of local tourism. We often stay overnight in our own city or within close proximity when we are between "real" vacations. On Feb 22nd, we took advantage of one of the many fantastic Deerfoot Inn and Casino concert packages. $350 bought us two tickets to a really great concert in their Chrome Showroom, a $50 food credit at the hotel/casino, and a room the night.
The room was average with a King Size bed, flat screen TV on the wall, a loveseat and chair. Pretty basic room, but great amenities. Loved the mini fridge (handy), loved the Keurig and supplies for our morning coffee (good coffee is a must for us), and loved the Bath and Body works toiletries. The walls seem a little thin as there were several children on our floor and we heard almost all of them. But I assume they were in bed by the time we came back from our concert because we were not bothered by them all night. We didn't go for a swim, but the pool looks like a nice place to relax if that's what you like to do. It's open later than other hotels we've stayed at, 11pm. The Mohave Grill has pretty good food from our past experiences, but we do prefer the bar/pub inside the Casino which has live bands on the weekend and so we chose to eat there. There is also a cafeteria style food place beside the pub and we took advantage of a couple of meat pies and some sweets to take up to the room for later (that's where the mini fridge comes in handy!).
Check out was noon, so we did enjoy being able to take a little extra time in the morning without feeling rushed. That counts for a lot, especially if you have enjoyed the previous evening a little too much and want to sleep in a little!
Experience at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino was pretty good overall. I'm not sure if the room is worth as much as they charge, but it was fun and convenient and we will very likely do it again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Stallica,

Thank you for your review of the Deerfoot Inn and Casino. I was happy to learn that you stayed here for a quick get -away and enjoyed a concert in our Chrome Showroom. Concert Packages are great for a night out and there is good value with all of the inclusions.
Your detailed review provides readers with a good summary of some of the offerings at the hotel and casino. I hope that it will not be too long before you come back for another quick get -away and thank you once again for taking the time to provide a detailed review.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We booked a business board room at the Deerfoot Casino for my daughter's birthday party. The idea was to take the kids swimming for 1 1/2 then have pizza and cake in the room. Check in was great they even gave my two children little gift packs and when I requested an additional table in the room to fit 8 kids they were very quick to bring it up along with extra chairs. However, we had a terrible experience with room service. At 2:00pm we pre-ordered pizza to be delivered at 5:15. At 5:25 my husband called room service to see where the order was and was told from a lady that it wasn't ready and it will "get there when it gets there". Well, if you are a parent you can image what it's like to tell 8 hungary kids to be patient. I called again at 5:40 to check and again a lady answered; she could have cared less. Her end answer "well I thinks it's on the way". My husband spoke to the front desk staff at check out and was told they would look into our complaint and get back to us by 3:00 but we did not receive a phone call. I would recommend this hotel, room was great and so was the pool but don't rely on room service or your complaint to be answered.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank familytravel09
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear familytravel09,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. I would like to apologize regarding the issues and quality of service you received relating to your room service order. I was a bit surprised to read this feedback actually because we typically we don’t have issues with our room service delivery times. I am very sorry that the quality of service you experienced from the restaurant was less than satisfactory. We would like to discuss this with you more personally so our Executive Chef will be contacting you directly. Thanks again for your feedback and we will look forward to your next visit to Calgary as an opportunity to show you they standard of service we are so well known for.

Warm Regards,
Bryce Reid

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights on a business trip. Service and the faculties were excellent.

I used the gym both days, and found the equipment and facilities clean and tidy for a hotel gym.

The beds were phenomenal, the rooms wee clean and the wireless speed was the best I have seen in a long time.

I would stay at this property again .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ranga_72

Dear Ranga_72
Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.
Warm Regards,
Bryce Reid

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at 10 o'clock at night. I was looking forward to ordering room service. I was told that room service was closed and that I had to go down to the casino if I wanted food. I chose to go hungry and just have a cup of tea before bed. Nope couldn't have tea all they have is the coffee maker in the room, no hot water available. In the morning there was no hot water for shower. Deerfoot Inn is definitely not set up for business travelers.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business