“Don't count on room service”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We booked a business board room at the Deerfoot Casino for my daughter's birthday party. The idea was to take the kids swimming for 1 1/2 then have pizza and cake in the room. Check in was great they even gave my two children little gift packs and when I requested an additional table in the room to fit 8 kids they were very quick to bring it up along with extra chairs. However, we had a terrible experience with room service. At 2:00pm we pre-ordered pizza to be delivered at 5:15. At 5:25 my husband called room service to see where the order was and was told from a lady that it wasn't ready and it will "get there when it gets there". Well, if you are a parent you can image what it's like to tell 8 hungary kids to be patient. I called again at 5:40 to check and again a lady answered; she could have cared less. Her end answer "well I thinks it's on the way". My husband spoke to the front desk staff at check out and was told they would look into our complaint and get back to us by 3:00 but we did not receive a phone call. I would recommend this hotel, room was great and so was the pool but don't rely on room service or your complaint to be answered.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank familytravel09
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear familytravel09,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. I would like to apologize regarding the issues and quality of service you received relating to your room service order. I was a bit surprised to read this feedback actually because we typically we don’t have issues with our room service delivery times. I am very sorry that the quality of service you experienced from the restaurant was less than satisfactory. We would like to discuss this with you more personally so our Executive Chef will be contacting you directly. Thanks again for your feedback and we will look forward to your next visit to Calgary as an opportunity to show you they standard of service we are so well known for.

There are newer reviews for Deerfoot Inn and Casino

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights on a business trip. Service and the faculties were excellent.

I used the gym both days, and found the equipment and facilities clean and tidy for a hotel gym.

The beds were phenomenal, the rooms wee clean and the wireless speed was the best I have seen in a long time.

I would stay at this property again .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ranga_72

Dear Ranga_72
Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at 10 o'clock at night. I was looking forward to ordering room service. I was told that room service was closed and that I had to go down to the casino if I wanted food. I chose to go hungry and just have a cup of tea before bed. Nope couldn't have tea all they have is the coffee maker in the room, no hot water available. In the morning there was no hot water for shower. Deerfoot Inn is definitely not set up for business travelers.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulandJanis
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We rented the exec. board room for our sons 18th birthday. I had made a video to show his friends and family. In a "board" room one would expect the connections to simply hook up a laptop to the t.v. to watch. NO such thing. In a "board room". They tried to compensate with a small t.v. screen that was dropped off on the couch and left for us to figure out how to hook it up. In a "board room" . You get the idea. The room was fantastic otherwise but the most important part of the birthday (video) made the whole experience sad for myself who put endless hours into it and as well for my son and his guest's to try and huddle around a small t.v. screen.
Poorly planned Deerfoot Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank stylin1
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked for a hockey tourney as a group to receive the group rate. However, apparently when you receive a group rate, group rules apply like a 72 HOUR cancellation policy!! We were unaware of this rule and tried to cancel 1 night. After putting up quite a stink, our family was able to cancel the room. The manager was rude and swore over the phone.

One of the parents of the team was hospitalized for food poisoning after eating breakfast at the hotel (free breakfast = free trip to the hospital I guess). Several children were not feeling well from our team and other teams that were also staying at this hotel.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Tanya S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize that you didn’t like our standard cancellation policy. After we have held a room for you within the 72hr period prior to arrival there is a full charge for cancelling the reservation you requested. This is also why we request a credit card and inform you of our cancellation policy when you book your hotel reservation. Our policies are well known industry standards that are used in hotels all around the world. I’m a little bit surprised to see a complaint regarding the cancellation policy when you weren’t charged the fee for it. I can understand your frustration regarding your confusion here but I also wanted to point out that we received great remarks from the other guests related to the tournament you were attending. I'm sorry your stay was less than satisfactory for you.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was at a convention for three days. Rooms are nicely decorated, spacious and very clean. No problems with anything in the room. Fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV, WiFi worked very well. Swimming pool and hottub appeared to be well looked after. Staff accommodating. Meals at convention were very tasty and hot with excellent waiter service. Casino is attached and is fairly good size. i would stay there again. Reasonable rate. Only drawback is it is not easy to get to and no shopping within walking distance that we saw.

Room Tip: We were at the back and quite quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarionP2
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear MarionP2,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear you liked the décor and service around the property. We recognize how important it is to leave a lasting impression on our guests and we would like to thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience. We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Spent 3 nights at a convention. Everything ran smooth, rooms were nice, staff friendly and helpful, catered meals were tasty. Restaurant was a bit pricey but the food was good quality. Location remote so was a bit inconvient as we had no vehicle.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Maureen C,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us while you were in Calgary. We are very glad that you enjoy our property and our quality of service. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Calgary.

Warm regards,