“Nice rooms. Order in.”

Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Nice rooms. Order in.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's all very professional and the staff try to run a grown up luxury hotel with a casino, but they forgot the food. It's very expensive. It's not very good. The good food is miles away in a confusing road system, so don't forget your GPS. The hotel was very clean. Nice rooms with the usual amenities, but I had to take off 2 stars. You have to eat. For the prices they ask, you would think they could find a much better chef.

Room Tip: The bigger they are, the longer the walk to anything you want to go to. I recommend something close...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Canuckincuba,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are very happy that you enjoyed our staff and service during your time with us. I would like to apologize if your experience with our food was not as satisfying. We are well known in Calgary for the quality of food we serve at our property. Also our prices are very comparable to other 4 star properties in the city. It is always our hope to share our unique experience with all of our guests. I am very sorry to see that you didn’t get to experience that. Our front desk staff is well trained on providing directions to assist our guests with navigating through the city, and we also have complimentary maps available. We certainly hope that on your next visit to Calgary you will give us the opportunity to once again exceed your expectations.

Bryce Reid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Brown hotel surrounded by industrial strip malls and highways in the middle of nowhere. If doing business close by, Better to fly in and out in one day than suffer a stay here. Zero Atmosphere. Not many people arou d the hotel. No decor change since the sixties. Totally brown everywhere. Very far from Calgary. No shuttle to airport or city. No Shop, just 4 vending machines. Prisoner/jail type feel. Dark dreary restaurants. However staff are very nice. Rooms quiet. No tv schedule available on tv but if you call down to front desk they will tell you what is on (if you want to watch something in particular. Bathroom fine. Also totally brown. Would only recommend if you were doing business close by and had no where else to stay

• Stayed February 2013
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Yorkmills,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your opinion of our property. We are sorry that you didn’t like our décor or location. We do receive a lot of compliments on our unique property in terms of service and the décor. We hope that you enjoy your next visit to Calgary.

Regards,

Morris, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I did not choose this place personally but it was part of a Convention package when we attended a convention for the CAAA.

I would say it was a OK stay. Nothing negative except some of my requests, left in my room, were not followed by the cleaning staff.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think they have had "smoking" before. I think it is a smoke free location now but I did...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear David H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your stay for the CAAA Conference. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize about the missed requests left for our housekeepers. Our goal is to ensure that all our guest requests are met or exceeded. In this case I can see an area that can be improved and will be addressing that for future guests. Once again thank you for your review of our property and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Calgary.

Gibbons, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2013

On friday February 15, 2013 we stayed at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino. At 1:30 in the morning a party started in the room next to us and across the hall. People were so drunk they were slamming into our door and banging on the walls. Yelling and screaming. By 2:00 in the morning this was still going on so we started calling the front desk to get them to send someone up to stop the noise. No answer to our numerous telephone calls. I tried calling the main desk from my cell phone thinking maybe there is something wrong with my phone again no answer. I dont understand why a hotel this size would not have someone to respond to complains especially this late in the evening. What if there was a real emergency other than this drunken disturbance. We had to leave at 7:00 am in the morning to get to our new destination with this going on until 3:30 in the morning this left us with 3 1/2 hours sleep. We have stayed at this hotel three other times so far due to the convenience from our one destination and have not had a problems in the past

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear D M,

Thank you for choosing the Deerfoot Inn & Casino during your time spent in Calgary. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed many stays at our property. It is always fantastic to get feedback from our regular guests. I would like to apologize that your last experience was not as great as the previous ones. One of our top priorities is to ensure that our guests are able to have a sound sleep during their stay. Hearing that your sleep was not great is very disappointing. I assume if there was no answer during your attempts to call that it was directly related to the fact that there were multiple guests calling related to the same issue. We do have a 24 hour security team specifically trained to handle situations just like this. We would be happy to have you back as our guest on your next visit to Calgary.

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Friendly, competent staff. Clean room. Comfortable bed and pillows. Loved the free chocolates and bottles of water. We stayed on a night that the lounge had free applies and 2 free drinks which was very nice. I travelled on business so my room was cheaper. I don't know what the original fee s but it is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear jcmbl,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. It is very rewarding when someone takes the time to express their positive comments to us. It is our priority to ensure that our guest expectations are exceed during their time with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed the unique experience we have to offer at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We look forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit to Calgary.

Calgary, AB, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here New Year's Eve 2012. We booked our family and extended family a dinner for 6 pm. $50 each for the special 3 course dinner they were offering. The meal wasn't worth the money, it was filet mignon and crabs legs, or crab LEG I should say... The waiter was not very helpful (we had 2 babies and 2 children and were not offered any alternative menu items for them without asking or saying "those people over there have such and such, can't we have some buns for these kids?"). The room was clean enough I suppose. Wouldn't book a night here for New Year's again that's for sure. We did have a good time in the casino and we're happy they provided some new year's party hats at the table.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tats1984
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Tats1984,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us during your stay for New Year’s Eve. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and the majority of your time here that evening. I would like to apologize that the restaurant server was not as accommodating as was expected. In general we definitely do our best to accommodate any requests that our customers may have in our attempt to provide superior guest service. We would love to have you back as our guest in hopes to share the full experience that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Calgary.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel a lot for business. Every time I stay, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the staff are nice. Although small, the fitness facility does the trick for a quick workout. The last time I stayed, the bar in the casino had Comedy Night, and that was a nice treat.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JAthenaCS
Dear JAthenaCS,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us during your stay at The Deerfoot Inn & Casino. It’s always great to hear when someone has a great experience during their stay with us. We appreciate that you took the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest on your next visit to Calgary.