Deerfoot Inn and Casino
$154
Sheraton.com
$109
$85
All reviewsmohave grillfront desk staffhotel stayroom was clean and comfortablebusiness tripeasy accessgreat roomvery nice hotelcomplimentary breakfastmojaveteamsconferencebrunchmicrowavecouchtubslounge
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Beautiful hotel. The rooms are great, probably the best in the city. The casino that is attached to the hotel makes our staying even more enjoyable. Staffs are really nice. Can’t say enough about this place. Worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Nice new property,quiet rooms,great casino other than they still use coins instead of paper,staff is friendly,good parking. Easy to access off of Deerfoot Trail. Front desk staff great,always find us a room on short notice too!

Dan & Naomi

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 22, 2007

get the honey moon suite... even if it's not your honey moon, the price is right and it's a sweet get away. The concerts are great, the place is booming...

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2006

My family just enjoyed a 1-night stay at Deerfoot Inn & Casino. The rates were fair and a little less than travel sites posted. This new property has a spacious lobby with sitting area with fireplace and TV screens. The staff was friendly. The rooms were tastefully decorated and elegant. The restaurant and lounge looked inviting but time was too short to try them.

Calgary seems to be a little behind the times with smoking bylaws and still allows smoking in the lounge and casino and occasionally this can be detected in the lobby. The casino is a nice size with good variety of games and pleasant atmosphere. There appears to be live entertainment there most nights of the week. I would certainly stay at this property again when I am looking for more than 'just a place to sleep' and if it is not inconvenient to be at the far south east corner of the city.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank Gerryjoseph
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Very nice, clean, large rooms. Mine had a king size bed, couch, desk and an LCD TV. The restaurants are excellent - great food, good sized portions and decent prices. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout. The casino is a good size, a lot of cheap tables and a decent poker room. Only downside is that the casino doesn't run 24 hours.

The big problem with this hotel is that it's in an isolated, desolate, industrial part of the city. It cost me $50 in cab fare to arrive from the airport and my driver got lost!! My cab fare into downtown and back cost me $70!! Luckily, the staff put me in touch with a shuttle van service for the return trip, which saved me $20. There's absolutely NOTHING for miles around as far as restaurants, shopping, or walking/running trails are concerned. In fact, the hotel rooms have bar fridges in them (a great idea), but there isn't even a convenience store, let alone a beer store or liquor store within walking distance to stock it! Your only option as far as refreshments go is the pop machine down the hall, as there's no gift shop in the hotel. I would certainly consider going back, however, knowing what I now know, I'll rent a car while I'm there.

Overall, it's just shy of a four star experience.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank mikemY4081AM
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled you decided to share your experience with us. It is our goal to provide the best level of service to our guests, and we are grateful you have allowed us to show you our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. We would love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

Warm Regards,