“Terrible service!!!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Terrible service!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2007

My girl friend and I went to Spa Europa for a nice girls afternoon. The package that we picked out was their signature "Turkish Hammam Treatment". DON'T GET IT DONE!!! It was so disappointing! First of all, we booked our appointment for 11 in the morning. When we got there, the doors were all locked up and we stood out side waiting for someone to get there for about 15 minutes. The girl that let us in must have been the receptionist, and she asked if we wanted anything. I asked if she had coffee, and she told me that they only had the instant kind.... that was my first clue that this place was cheap! So I said that I would just like some juice. It turned out to be powdered Tang.... yuck. The reception room is beautiful! But we ended up waiting in the reception room for 45 minutes. It's about noon now, and both my girlfriend and I are starting to get hungry. The package is supposed to have "an elegant luncheon". The girl said it wasn't ready yet when we asked so we had a couple of stale cookies instead.

Now, on to the "Turkish Hammam". First they steamed us for 25 min..... straight. On an empty stomach, that is probably not a good idea. Then they took us into a room and loofahed us for 10 min..... then back to the steam room for 25 min.... back to loofah for 10 min..... and steam for 25 min... and then loofah for 10 min. During the last loofah step, we got our "minature facial" which was cut up cold cuccumbers. There was no "Swedish Massage". Oh, and after the last loofah, they rinsed us off with cold milk. There was no moisturizing application. After they finished with us, I ran around the place trying to find some lotion for us! And to top this "experience" off, the "elegant luncheon" that they provided for us was a tortilla shell wrapped around some cream cheese with some strawberry jam on top, which they called a crepe. All this for the low price of $285.00 plus tax and gratuity.

19 Thank bsmiles