“Don't ever come here. The service is awful.”
Review of Spa Europa - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spa Europa
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I booked services for three massages and three pedicures. This weather was terrible to two people were about 15 minutes late. I was scolded twice about my family being late due to several accidents on the high way. I offered to cancel our massages and they said no it was fine. We then only received half of the massage. My sister was left in the waiting room for two hours and she never got her pedicure. My mom and I paid 80 for a pedicure andds not get the hot stone massage or exfoliation. The staff also scolded my mom for being late saying they had other clients and she could only get a 30 minute massage when she said that she would cancel the massage and advised the staff we were the next client they agreed to give her a full massage. So overall the staff are rude and ignorant. They didn't manage their time effectively and didnf give my sister any services and over charged my mom and I for services they didn't complete properly. I'll never go back

1  Thank cbian058
There are newer reviews for Spa Europa

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Unfortunately we relied too much on their web page and didn't read any of the reviews as we were in a hurry/ When we arrived we were asked to pay first including a "tip" which seemed really odd however I am guessing there is a reason that they want your money before you go into the "spa" area. The change rooms and spa area were very unclean, sparse and felt more like the basement of a 20 year old single man han a relaxing spa. The jacuzzi tub is actually a bathtub stuck in a small dark room which didn't seem surprising after reviewing everything else. We didn't find anything that reasonabled a spa in our short visit.

We ended up cancelling our treatments before they even started and when we went to the front desk to get a refund they didn't seem to know how to do it so we were unable to get a refund at that time.

For the price that is advertised there are plenty of better spas including Stillwater, Oasis, Newburry to name a few all within a five minute drive of this one.

4  Thank Colin W
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is atrocious and a waste of everyone's time and money and, as you can read in all the other reviews, unsanitary. I unfortunately didn't check the reviews before going and paid dearly for it. Robes have holes, staff are commonly absent, they use the cheapest hair products as part of their "luxurious" packages, and made my friend get a massage in a couples room with a stranger! For some reason they thoughtshe should be paired with some man instead of asking me?!
The worst part is the management! When I spoke with the manager or owner to let her know how horrible our experiences were, she accused me of trying to rip HER off! I just wanted what was advertised.
I suggest if you do go, please take pictures of any health violations and let the Calgary Health Region know. Otherwise, best of luck.

4  Thank Jenna17
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I don't usually write reviews for services but I was very disturbed by the lack of cleanliness in this spa. It was very dark and dusty and the floor was covered in lint and dirt. I was given some very dirty sandals to change into at the door when I arrived. They also asked me to pay when I arrived so the receptionist could go home which I found strange. The women's locker room and bathroom (which are separate) were both filthy. The products on the counter were very sticky and covered in hair and the q-tips looked used. I had a good massage but the room was really cold and the towel didn't feel clean. I also had a facial and when I got onto the facial table I noticed the towel over the head cushion was really dirty. I felt uncomfortable but I had already paid for the services. When I was putting my robe on after my facial I looked at the products she had used. They were very cheap off-brand drug store products which worried me because I have very sensitive skin. I met my fiancé for dinner after my facial and I had not even made it home before my skin started breaking out in a rash. I now have a rash/breakouts all over my face! I am getting married in a few weeks and I hope my skin has cleared up before then...

I feel badly writing a negative review because the lady who performed the services was very nice and her technique was fine. I just can't go back to a spa that uses such cheap products and does not care about cleanliness.

5  Thank MarieR19
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This spa seems to advertise like crazy in magazines and on the radio in particular. I was expecting it to be one of the top spas in Calgary and was shockingly disappointed. While the staff were pleasant enough, they were not well trained in professionalism (ie. was not greeted when I entered and had to wait a long time before front desk lady was off phone, during treatments I was told all sorts of overly personal stories and most of the staff did not speak English very well which made for awkward conversation and hard work trying to understand what was being said). My pedicure was no better than the walk-in Fabu-nail type places and my manicure was terrible and lasted two days before it began to chip and peel. The decor was cheap, ugly, dated and felt dirty. On my way out, I waited at the front desk for over 10minutes for someone to show up so I could pay. I thought about just walking out but the lady finally showed up reeking of cigarette smoke to take my money... which was way too high for the service offered. I shook my head and vowed to never go there again!!

4  Thank Krik23