“Unsanitary Conditions” 2 of 5 bubbles

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unsanitary Conditions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I don't usually write reviews for services but I was very disturbed by the lack of cleanliness in this spa. It was very dark and dusty and the floor was covered in lint and dirt. I was given some very dirty sandals to change into at the door when I arrived. They also asked me to pay when I arrived so the receptionist could go home which I found strange. The women's locker room and bathroom (which are separate) were both filthy. The products on the counter were very sticky and covered in hair and the q-tips looked used. I had a good massage but the room was really cold and the towel didn't feel clean. I also had a facial and when I got onto the facial table I noticed the towel over the head cushion was really dirty. I felt uncomfortable but I had already paid for the services. When I was putting my robe on after my facial I looked at the products she had used. They were very cheap off-brand drug store products which worried me because I have very sensitive skin. I met my fiancé for dinner after my facial and I had not even made it home before my skin started breaking out in a rash. I now have a rash/breakouts all over my face! I am getting married in a few weeks and I hope my skin has cleared up before then...

I feel badly writing a negative review because the lady who performed the services was very nice and her technique was fine. I just can't go back to a spa that uses such cheap products and does not care about cleanliness.

Visited August 2012
5 Thank MarieR19

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ugly.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This spa seems to advertise like crazy in magazines and on the radio in particular. I was expecting it to be one of the top spas in Calgary and was shockingly disappointed. While the staff were pleasant enough, they were not well trained in professionalism (ie. was not greeted when I entered and had to wait a long time before front desk lady was off phone, during treatments I was told all sorts of overly personal stories and most of the staff did not speak English very well which made for awkward conversation and hard work trying to understand what was being said). My pedicure was no better than the walk-in Fabu-nail type places and my manicure was terrible and lasted two days before it began to chip and peel. The decor was cheap, ugly, dated and felt dirty. On my way out, I waited at the front desk for over 10minutes for someone to show up so I could pay. I thought about just walking out but the lady finally showed up reeking of cigarette smoke to take my money... which was way too high for the service offered. I shook my head and vowed to never go there again!!

4 Thank Krik23
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I LOVE LAURA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I have going here for years and absolutely love the services Laura and the staff provides. They always accommodate my schedule and fit me in last minute. Laura has been doing my brazillians for years and always does an amazing job. Her friendly attitude makes it that much better! My husband recently started to see her for chest and back waxs and will not go to anyone else but Laura! I would highly recommend Laura and the staff at Spa Europa as my experiences in the past 5years have been well worth the money eveytime! The spa is beautifully decorated and always relaxes me the instant I walk in! I would recommend getting your treatments here expecially all your waxing needs! Nobody is as good as Laura!

2 Thank Krissy029
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dirty,not relaxing, and The person giving the pedicure cut my toe!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

So My husband got me a spa GC and as I was looking for reasonable prices and good hours,so I decided to go here. When first calling to book my I asked for something late on a friday, so I could miss downtown traffic and not feel rushed to get there. The person answering the phone kept asking me if I could book earlier because she couldnt find anyone that would be willing to stay that late (even though their hours say they are open till 9PM Friday). Then on the day of my appointment I receive a call from the same lady asking if I could come early, so I caved and went down early. When I got there , the person greeting me at the desk also was the person that did my pedicure and person that called me, and she was also the person answering the phone, which rang 3 times during my appointment. Then during my pedicure the lady left me twice for 20 minutes to "Soak" or "Let the periffin wax take affect" while I could hear her eating and chatting in the room down the hall. The table that the towels were on was covered in dust and the tools she used were not on top of a towel. Like all of this wasnt bad enough, the lady then cuts my cuticle and tells me this has only ever happened 3 times in her career, like im supposed to be happy like I won the lottery or something. Then after it was all said and done the cost was $72. I wouldnt mind paying that MUCH if I had gotten the relaxation and service I was expecting, but for half the cost I could have gone to one of those strip mall places and probably had better service and not have my toe cut. Will never go back here or recommend anyone else go.

Visited May 2012
7 Thank Blondie4321
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unsanitary/Filthy - Go Anywhere else but here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been to this spa twice, unfortunately. The first time I had booked a manicure. There were nail clippings (not mine) on the towel my hands were on which should have been enough to scare me off, but it was the dirty tools that made me stand up and say "OK this is over." As I was putting my shoes on I was yelled at that I couldn't leave without paying just because I didn't want to stay. I paid and left.

I would NEVER have returned except that a girlfriend bought us hot stone, 90 min pedicure as a surprise. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't want to go so I went. 45 minutes later the treatment was over. As my friend was paying she said "I'm surprised you're charging me for 90 minute pedicures when they weren't even an hour." The woman replied in a very snarky tone "Well...did you get the parrafin? Did you get the hot stones? If you want you can sit there for another half hour because they wouldn't be doing any more anyways."

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING?!

She paid. We left in absolute shock. Neither of us or anyone we have told will ever be back.

Bottom line: Save yourself a stressful experience and the risk of Hepatitis and go anywhere else.

Visited May 2011