“Great Place”

Mad Rose Pub
Ranked #409 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This place is really nice. Brand new with lots of windows. It has a really nice atmosphere. I had the bacon cheeseburger. It was one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. Will definitely go back soon!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

A great little place to come when you've had a long day. Friendly servers,
No pretentiousness, just tasty food, comfy booths, a nice place to come to watch a game or meet a girlfriend.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is a great neighbourhood joint. I avoided it because I just thought it was a bar, but thought I would try it out. The placed was packed which was a good indication. I had the fish and chips which was very well done and my wife had the salmon which I must admit was spectacular. The prices were very reasonable. We also had the escargot which is where they may have missed the mark. The mushrooms and escargot were good the choice of topping may have been a little strange. Cheddar cheese. I am used to seeing light cheeses like parm or swiss but Cheddar is not a good choice you need something with a little bite and I would add more garlic. That being said I will definitely be back again this is a great place.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have been here a ton of times and we have never had a bad meal. The staff are really friendly and always seem happy to be working there. Gotta love the daily specials. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Mad ROSE Pub in Royal Oak ,has a good seating area,good staff,a good menu to chose
Food from, The specials they offer are very good , such a the lunch special soup and sandwich ,can't beat the price $7.95, the fish and chips are very good on Friday nights , you can actual sit there with your partner and have a conversation without the music blasting you out the door .This is a good place for the older folks 40 and over to go to In my opinion.