“Needs a bit of polishing”
Review of Ric's Grill Radisson Calgary - CLOSED

Ric's Grill Radisson Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Established in 1998, Ric's is a brings elegance to casual dining with an emphatic commitment to fresh, premium ingredients. Ric's features Sterling Silver Alberta beef - only the top 12% of graded beef in a variety of cuts. Also highlighted are Ocean Wise certified seafood and Wine Spectator awarded wine lists. All sauces, dressings, rubs, soups and desserts are made in house, from scratch. Fresh Ingredients. Freshly Prepared. Guaranteed.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had dinner with our daughter and her husband who were in Calgary from England on a quick four day visit. They chose Ric's as they had eaten at others in other cities and were always impressed.

The food was delicious but not hot enough when served. The server was new and unfortunately it showed. She was very sweet and more than willing but nervous and obviously had not been taught how to serve red wine, how to refer to guests as anything other than "you guys" and kept apologizing for everything. She was quick to offer a discount because of the cold food and had let the chef know the problem.

The menu was excellent and as I said, the flavours were wonderful. I would eat here again in hopes the staff shared more knowledge with their newer employees.

I had completed the hotel's review online and was most impressed that I had a reply from the manager within 24 hours. It's nice to know they actually pay attention to their guests' concerns.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and modern restaurant. We ate here on a Saturday night, food was excellent and service was outstanding! Our waiter was a British gentleman, he was extremely helpful and polite. 5 stars for service!!
I recommend the chocolate cake, it is to die for.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I must have hit them on a bad night, service was ridiculously slow. I came in from the hotel and waited 10 minutes for a table, 3 waiter/waitresses saw me and no one came so I walked through the restaurant to the other end to get a table. I got my drink promptly and ordered my steak which came but I ended up eating the whole thing without a drink refill as no one came by to check on me. The steak was the wrong one I asked for peppercorn on the side they brought me the mushroom and peppercorn one which is fine except I can't eat mushrooms. So I scrapped them off and ate my steak without my peppercorn sauce as no one came by to check on me so I couldn't ask to have it changed without waiting. When someone finally did come by I said it was the wrong one and they said sorry and that was it no difference in charge for the peppercorn sauce I didn't get and the steak was very tough for a medium cooked steak. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Girlfriend and I had the steak and sweet potato fries. It was excellent. I really like the sweet potato fries. We also had the chocolate cake for dessert and it was also very delicious. Excellent service as well.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My children & I ate at Ric's when we were staying at the Radisson before an early flight to Mexico. The selection was great, the food was well-presented and very flavourful. I initially thought it was a bit pricey as the only option for the hotel, but the food was as good as anything else in that price range in Calgary, and the service was better. So I have no complaints at all...only compliments. I am sure we will end up back at Ric's even when we're not travelling.