“"I'm sorry, I can't hear you!"”

Local Public Eatery
Ranked #93 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 26, 2013

A great place to go watch a game, but far too loud for socializing (it could just be me). The food was great (had the fish tacos), and the cheap Bud was much appreciated. Place looks good throughout; overall a decent experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Plane was cancelled and heard about this place while at a restaurant upon asking the waitress. I wasn't disappointed. It had a busy and cool vibe and made me want to party. Only problem is finding a seat!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I came here a couple times last week. Lots of TV's, nice atmosphere. I ate a burger which was very good. They have a decent beer menu and bring it out cold. We had some great servers help us and a couple that were a little more indifferent. Overall I'll come back

Reviewed October 13, 2013

In the centre of the pedestrian area, the Local is a big place with lots of TV sets. If you don't mind the continous optical and accustic background "irritations", stop here for salads, wrapts, burgers. A glass of the daily changing house wine costs you a mere $4, but the waiters don't know what make it is (or they pretend smilingly not to know...). A relaxed, laid back place with fair prices.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was on a business trip and did not want to just eat in the hotel restaurant. I took a walk down the 8th ave and found this place had quite a few people in it which I always feel is a good sign. The inside of the place has a post an beam look to it with heavy tables and bench seats. It has a couple of large bars with seats surrounding them as well.

They specialize in micro brewed beer and have an ever changing selection of new batches to try out. they will give you samples so that you can make sure you get the one that best suits your tastes.

I had the Rio Lobos Chicken and Rice Bowl. It was a nice spicy blend of sauteed chicken, three rice succotash with guacamole and Ancho chili sauce. I gobbled it all up. Next to me were a couple of guys with the Nachos which were loaded with toppings. It looked pretty good too. Might have to try that next time. Oh and the beer was great. Can't say they will have the same one on when I visit again but I enjoy experimenting with micro brewed beers so this spot is perfect for me.