“Food was good, beer was cold, service was ??”

Local Public Eatery
Ranked #106 of 3,647 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I came here a couple times last week. Lots of TV's, nice atmosphere. I ate a burger which was very good. They have a decent beer menu and bring it out cold. We had some great servers help us and a couple that were a little more indifferent. Overall I'll come back

Reviewed October 13, 2013

In the centre of the pedestrian area, the Local is a big place with lots of TV sets. If you don't mind the continous optical and accustic background "irritations", stop here for salads, wrapts, burgers. A glass of the daily changing house wine costs you a mere $4, but the waiters don't know what make it is (or they pretend smilingly not to know...). A relaxed, laid back place with fair prices.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was on a business trip and did not want to just eat in the hotel restaurant. I took a walk down the 8th ave and found this place had quite a few people in it which I always feel is a good sign. The inside of the place has a post an beam look to it with heavy tables and bench seats. It has a couple of large bars with seats surrounding them as well.

They specialize in micro brewed beer and have an ever changing selection of new batches to try out. they will give you samples so that you can make sure you get the one that best suits your tastes.

I had the Rio Lobos Chicken and Rice Bowl. It was a nice spicy blend of sauteed chicken, three rice succotash with guacamole and Ancho chili sauce. I gobbled it all up. Next to me were a couple of guys with the Nachos which were loaded with toppings. It looked pretty good too. Might have to try that next time. Oh and the beer was great. Can't say they will have the same one on when I visit again but I enjoy experimenting with micro brewed beers so this spot is perfect for me.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Came here tonight bc my other half had been and I hadn't. It was incredible. We started with the Tuna Poke - amazing appetizer. Then we each had a fish and chicken taco and shared the yam parm fries. All of it was absolutely incredible. Tasty, well priced, and did I mention delicious. Finally, we finished off with the churro dessert...OMG! One of the best desserts I have had in a very long time. We will DEF be back again...and soon...!!!! And FYI: just from looking around at the other tables, the burgers and sliders looked amazing. That is what I'll be having next time for sure.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stopped by twice on our stop in Calgary, the first time was by chance the second was by choice. We sat ourselves at a table on the front patio on a lovely day. It was a great place to people watch.
The wife and I both had burgers and they were top notch, very flavorful! They also had happy hour prices which was nice to see, it was the first time I only paid $3.50 for a beer instead of the normal $7.00. The staff was super friendly and helpful when we told them we were tourists. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a casual place to grab some food and drinks.

1  Thank EastlakeOpie