“Loud...but good food”

Briggs Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Briggs Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 3,575 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We love food, we love people, we love liquids and we love a deal. The idea of Briggs Kitchen + Bar is built on these cornerstones. We feel that taking food back to more simple times by cooking over natural fire, touching it with a little finesse and getting it in front of our guests for a reasonable price is what it is all about. Do that with connected service in a cool environment and you pretty much capture the essence of three guys that have a passion to deliver. At Briggs our mission is providing great value and we hope you feel that every time you walk through our doors.
Kelowna, Canada
“Loud...but good food”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Took our daughters and a friend out for dinner on a friday night. Enjoyed the food. Had the calamari and the poutine as appetizers. Followed it up with lobster macaroni and cheese, the 8oz strip loin as well as the 6oz sirloin and the angel hair and prawns pasta dish. All of the food was delicious and the wine with dinner was lovely. This place is very loud! Loud music, loud television just loud. Made it really difficult to have a conversation without shouting. If I am in Calgary again maybe I should brush up on my sign language before I come here again? The service was spot on and the wait staff who took care of us were all professional and attentive.

1 Thank Melody P

Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Visit”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I took my wife and my mother in law to Briggs for brunch. Great feel inside of the restaurant and the service was fantastic. Even the manager was approachable and staff all had smiling faces. The food was spot on, I enjoyed the eggs benedict with bacon; while my wife and her mom had the breakfast perogies. Also a solid choice.

1 Thank Darren T
“Tasty dishes for sharing”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Food:
Many different dishes, both for sharing and for keeping to oneself. I prefer the sharing menu, as it has a variety of different options (sliders, ribs, flatbreads, roasted cauliflower, lobster poutine, scallops, etc.). Great for large groups because then you can get everything on the menu and taste it all!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Andrea S
Calgary, Canada
“Not a breakfast place!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Adding 4 items to a menu and calling yourself a brunch spot is actually quite silly. Unless, you do those 4 items very very well. This place has a good decor, friendly staff, but not great brunch food. They also put a friend egg, or have ham/bacon on everything! yes on all 4 items. My brunch mate could not even have the steak without a friend egg. Which he hates. The mimosa was made with horrible orange /mango something juice. Coffee was adequate. We havent had anything else there, but I dont suggest going here for breakfast! There are many other places, even around the corner, which actually have a true Brunch!

1 Thank manium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Ate here for the first time today and had a lovely meal. Our server Amber was excellent, she was very sweet, helpful, relaxed and was happy to explain menu questions, made my first experience here awesome. Would definitely recommend :)

1 Thank sincerelyserafina