“Over-priced and all around terrible”

Ric's Lounge and Grill - Eau Claire
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Where do I start… Service? Wow. So slow and bad. Drinks? Wrong, slow, etc…. Food? Not going to kill you, but for the price, maybe. There are SO many GREAT eating establishments downtown. Pick anyone but this one. Trust me. Oh, and we did give them a few tries (both locations). Cut and past this review. Not a place for special celebrations or business. Period. Please close these down and open a post office or something.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My Mom and I went for dinner at Mimi's which is connected to Ric's Lounge and Grill at Eau Claire. The service was extremely good and very entertaining too! We enjoyed our food immensely. I had known about Mimi's having great Italian food from visiting Kelowna and dining at Mimi's in Kelowna. I couldn't wait for Mimi's to open up in Calgary as well. Our servers were James and Irene and both were delightful. Other staff also talked with us and made sure we were enjoying everything. We will definitely return!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was my first time to dine in the Ric's Grill Eau Claire location - it was an unexpectedly pleasureable experience.
I will bullet point my comments so as not to miss anything about the whole experience:
a) Location - Situated in best part of Calgary Downtown - near all main office buildings, major hotels and the parks -and it is across a large parking area
b) Reception - I was welcomed with a warm greeting and wonderful smile (her name is Darian). The hostest (Darian) were prompt, very friendly and seated me on the table of my preference. she was very presentable, professional and knowlegeble on the today's special. She also did a very good job on always making sure my water is refilled - I don't need to ask she just comes and re fill it.
c) The looks - the restuarant has high celings, large windows, very bright interior...one of the nicest looking restaurant in town!!! good job on that. The layout is fantastic and tables are arranged in a way the place gives you a feeling of "great" space.
c) Server - Her name is Shawna, the friendliest of all the servers I've met in Calgary. She knows the menu in and out and was able to make suggestions on choices on wine, starters, main dish, and the dessert she choices for me was phenomenal (cheesecake)!!!. She always checks promptly if everything is ok and checks what else I need and require. She went an extra mile to inquire from the chef about how the food was prepared, where the meat originated from, etc - after I made a comment on how fantastic the food was. Everything was fast including payment!!! She is a server that all Calgary Servers should emulate from - a role model!
d) The Food - JUST FANTASTIC !!! I had a Bison Steak (with vegetables on sides) - was cooked the way I wanted it , the vegetables were fresh, crisps and had a wondeful tastes to it.

I have dined in almost all restaurants in Calgary and was never motivated to review any of those restuarants until now. Perhaps there are restuarants in town more posh than Ric's grill in Eau Claire but where I put my emphasis more is the context of the overall experience.

Go check it out guys and see for yourself.

1  Thank Franco S
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Working across the street from Ric's it was the perfect place for my husband to come DT and meet me for lunch as there is plenty of parking around. We sat at the bar and had a very memorable friendly and informative server his name was Tyler. We asked him his favorites and they did not disappoint! We started with the shrimp and crab mushrooms which were divine in every bite and screamed for a glass of wine. As it was $7 wine Wednesdays I did treat myself. We also had the tuna carpaccio I have to say this is the best deal on the menu the serving was generous and the chef has to be commended on this as the flavors of mango, avocado and Asian influence really dazzle the taste buds. We then finished off sharing the Jambalaya I know unusual to choose this at a steak house but I have had the steak sandwich before and although great we wanted to try something different and again this was recommended by the bartender. the flavors again were perfect. The only thing I can say is that this dish was a little over priced but to me worth every penny as it was delicious and perfect for sharing. I would recommend this place and ask for Tyler his friendly smile and excellent service will not disappoint.

1  Thank Fay B
MindyF4, Manager at Ric's Lounge and Grill - Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review! As a new restaurant downtown we are striving to create and maintain a high standard of service and food quality for each and every one of our guests. We will definitely be passing on your comments and experience to the rest of our team and are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Terrific breakfast. Very accomodating to special requests. Refreshing food and refreshing service from a great server " Liz", in a nice bright atmosphere. Liz knew how to strike the right balance between keeping my coffee cup full and that I was satisfied with my meal, while not smothering. Nicely done.
Jeff Thornhill

Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Ric's Lounge and Grill - Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had such a delightful breakfast experience. Take care!