“Amazing new hotel with excellent customer service”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing new hotel with excellent customer service”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I had to stop over in Calgary for one night and are very glad we chose the Radisson. This new hotel has immaculate rooms and the customer service, specifically Kat, was outstanding. She bumped us up to a jacuzzi suite because we were exhausted from a long day of travel and my wife was not feeling well, and the room was the nicest we have stayed in. The jacuzzi was huge, the shower had three different heads, and a two sided fireplace was a beautiful touch. We are so grateful to have had the chance to stay here! Although we didn't have a chance to use it, the pool area looked great and the restaurant looked delicious.

Two small notes of warning though; because of all the construction, the shuttle takes a roundabout way to the airport, so it takes about 15 min to get there (this is only temporary and will be better once the new roads are done), and standard rooms do not have bathtubs, only showers, however the rooms are beautiful.

Thanks again Radisson and we look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RadissonCGY, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear dixo2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the New Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your comment towards our Front Office Supervisor, Kat. She does a great job of implementing the " Yes I Can" Radisson service culture to all of our guests. We hope that your travels bring you back in the near future!

Mandy Johal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled so I looked online at availability, then called the hotel direct. Their rates were comparable with most other 4 star options, and they have a free shuttle to/from the airport hourly.

The beds are very comfortable and room looks & feels like a 5 star.

Staff are friendly & helpful.

There is a restaurant on site, but it shuts early so if your flight gets in after 8pm, eat at the airport before you leave.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonCGY, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Sarah_ji01,

Thank you for your response, We appreciate your feedback. Our restaurant is usually open until 11pm Monday through Thursday, and until 10pm on Friday through Sunday. We apologize for closing early on the night of your arrival. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport!

Assistant Front Office Manager
Golden, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here on my way from Toronto to Golden. I had a voucher for a free night at this hotel, so I cannot comment on the price/value of the room. However this was a very nice hotel. The appearance of the hotel was incredible. The main lobby is gorgeous, the room was one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in and service was excellent. I checked in late at night and needed a place to get a late dinner. The guest services agent not only recommended me a few places, but also printed me off directions on how to get to the place I decided to go. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. For the price, I expected more selection, and better tasting food. Overall, a very good experience at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RadissonCGY, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Centre Calgary Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for a fantastic review, We are very happy to hear about your stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Amazing Staff, very friendly and professional.

I stayed here for 2 nights in mid December, and Mr Dorji the front office manager was very professional, and went out of his way to make my stay a positive experience. Ms Mandy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Overall the hotel is probably one of the better Radisson that I have stayed in, and I stay a lot in the Radisson Chain ( at least 150 nights/year am a concierge member of their loyalty program ) , The décor is modern with high quality fittings and linen, and exceptionally friendly and professional staff.

Although this is an Airport hotel, I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat to anyone wanting a high quality place in Calgary for leisure or for business. Truly exceptional.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite large, and if possible ask for an runway facing room for an amazing view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Arif K,

Thank you for a wonderful review, my staff and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel.
We can't wait to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Although there are a few kinks to iron out such as the wi-fi which kept cutting out, and no hot water for a late night shower. I would probably stay there again. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I stayed there for the location and the good review of the restaurant which was a disappointment. I got a good deal on the price but would not pay more till they fix the kinks. They also advertised a wine bar that is not open yet. People who stay there for a lay over will find the lobby monitor helpful because it shows flight times at the airport.

Room Tip: We picked a room with a view of the mountains because any other room would look out at a junk yard...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in total- first night was before an early morning flight to Mexico. We left our car here for the week. The 'park and stay' package was a great deal for one nights stay and up to 8 days free parking in the hotel parking lot, along with a free shuttle to the airport. When we arrived back in Calgary after our trip, there was no shuttle driver available so the hotel paid for our taxi ride to the hotel. We stayed here another 3 nights due to the big blizzard. It's a beautiful hotel- very modern look and large rooms. The staff were very efficient and helpful- only one thing bothered me- they charged an extra $10 even though I had enough club Carlson points for a free stay. That was because we would have had to change to a double queen room to get it totally free- the king room cost $10 extra. Thought that was a bit petty since we're loyal Club Carlson members. Other than that no complaints. Would definitely stay here next time we are in Calgary.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night on Dec 1st. Extremely comfortable bed, great food, welcoming staff, and a very new and modern look and feel. Very close to the airport and (typical of hotels in NE Calgary) not far from downtown. Definitely an "airport hotel" (typical rectangular brick - three floors) but a surprisingly VERY nice one. Modern furniture, spacious rooms, and the shower made my morning!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business