“Very disappointing!”
Review of Mina's Vietnamese

Mina's Vietnamese
Ranked #1,352 of 3,668 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed May 21, 2013

When at home, this has been my Vietnamese go to for over 10 years. Very disappointed in the two take out items ordered tonight. Usually, the restaurant is full with a steady stream of traffic. Tonight, there were only 3 other diners. WTH? Is it under new ownership?

The pork salad rolls were 99% rice vermicelli, with the most translucent sliver of pork I have ever seen....and even though I ordered them with peanut sauce....they were tasteless. I also ordered a bowl of wonton and was disappointed as soon as I opened it. I basically paid for broth. While heavily ladened with onions, the veg consisted of 3 small translucent slivers of carrot and the tiniest little pieces of broccoli ever. No where near meeting half a serving of a Canada Food Guide veg serving. The wontons were horrible. Normally you can get 2- 3 bites of a wonton, these had nickel to dime size filling - mostly consisting of the wonton wrapper bunched up into the centre. Blah!

Perhaps more time should be spent in the kitchen vs in front of their iPads. Not going back anytime soon!

1  Thank JVC-YYC

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mina's is a small cafe, offering fresh, timely, delicious food. Their chargrilled lemongrass chicken on rice vermicelli is awesome. Their fruit shakes (including a very well done avocado shake) are a fresh treat!
They do takout (very quick service, so ordering on site and waiting for your order wouldn't take long).

1  Thank TeacherTravellers
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are staying at a very close Hotel and I wanted a quick Lunch. I came across Mina's Vietnamese Noodle Soup. Gave it a try. It was very busy but being alone I was able to get a table. The menu is unbelievable, there must be about 50 items. I ordered a beef noodle soup, it was fantastic, large bowl very reasonable price. Very quick service and in and out in about 45 mins. Loved it.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We always eat here on a Saturday night after our sports team finishes for the day as we stay very close by. We have never been disappointed. Portions are great, Food is Yummy, the service is excellent. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Ulik3