“Charged for hot sauce”

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and bar
Ranked #784 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We recently stopped by the restaurant, not having been there. The food was okay, no complaints. We shared deep fried pickles, parmesan wings and a pulled pork sandwich. Again, nothing wrong, just the suggested sauce for the sandwich was too sweet for my liking, so I asked for some hot sauce, since there wasn't any on the table. They charged sixty cents for the hot sauce...I can afford that amount, but was amazed that they didn't have a bottle of Tabasco on the table.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is not a gourmet restaurant. It is a wing stop/sports bar. But it totally delivers. It is clean, the staff is super attentive and the wings are amazing. If you go on a Tuesday the wings are also on sale.
We loved being able to watch the game and eat wings with our young children which you can't do in a sports bar.
We've gone twice now and will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband, daughter and I ate at the Sunridge location last night. Blech. We will never go back. I ordered a burger - liked the idea of 'building my own.' My burger looked cardboardy and smelled and tasted like feet. The fries were blah, and the side of gravy I ordered came with a thick layer of gravy 'skin' and was nasty.

My daughter ordered a Chicken Caesar salad and I'm not convinced that the chicken was fully cooked - it was terribly rubbery as well.

My husband ordered a mixed basket of wing - half boneless, half bone in. Tried them. Nothing special. For a place that operates off the premise of being a super wing place, gotta tell you, save your wing experience for somewhere else, like Brewsters. This isn't any place I'd ever recommend.

The music was also ridiculously loud - or should I say, the bass was poundingly stupidly loud. Turn it the heck down. And for the price? I'd go to McDonald's before ever going bac to Buffalo Wild Wings again.

1  Thank PhotogMama
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We went for lunch in March, 2013 at the Sunridge location to celebrate personal achievement. The music in the restaurant was deafening, had to shout to make conversation. There were three of us. We had a 20 mixed wings basket, two burger plates (with fries, a chicken salad, and two mango drinks. The bill came up to $67 before tips. Too expensive for lunch! Our more mature waitress was good, but other wait staff were giggling and having a little loud party in the corner by the serving sink near our booth, which we all found extremely annoying. The food was good but overly salted. The sauces were good. We will not be returning. The meal took too long, and we were all partially deaf by the time we left. Don't recommend for price, noise, and heart attack food.

1  Thank ConnoisseurGal
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visited the new Sunridge location during a lunch hour with some coworkers.

The first time we went it took so long to get our meals that we were at least 45 minutes llate coming back from our one hour lunch. There were at least 20 servers / customer service specialists / mangers milling about but none of them seemed to be too concerned when we told them we were in a hurry, perhaps more cooks in the back of the house would be a better idea?

So the next time we visited we all ordered off of the lunch menu, which is supposed to be quicker than ordering off of the main menu...it was still quite slow to get our meals.
The food was ok, although the sandwiches and wraps had that soggy lettuce texture and taste. After we all went back to work we started falling ill one by one. We called the manager of the restaurant to advise him that we were all feeling sick after eating there. He honestly did not seem to care.

He took the name and phone number of the person that called but we never heard back from him. Customer service rating is low due to this reaction, our server was good.

The 5 of us that became ill have no intention of going back despite the lunch specials being a good value and the proximity to our work.

1  Thank YYCMtnGrl