“People should be lined up out the door”

Arch Persian Lounge
Ranked #1,516 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Persian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9 Ave & 11th St
Transit: There is a bus stop in front of the restaurant at 9th ave and 11th street
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is the second time we've been here, bringing along a friend this time and like the first trip, we loved it. Our friend vowed to come back as well. The food was fresh and tasty, healthily grilled lamb and chicken dishes. Last time we had the pomegranate chicken stew and it IS fantastic but I had to try other things so I don't get in a rut. We also had the ice cream and the baklava deserts. Everything is great and the very pleasant wait staff is happy to tell you about the food and culture of they have the time. Oh yes, I just about forgot about the eggplant & flat bread appetizer until I looked at a previous review. It really is fantastic too. My wife googled it and wants to make it at home. Go here, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank GordoYYC

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Fantastic dining experience, I was not familiar with Persian cuisine before I came here but now I'm hooked! I have since been back several times and all I can say is wow!! The kebob platter is a hefty portion with tender seasoned slow cooked variety of meat, and the pomegranate stew is to die for! Everything here is made from SCRATCH which is why it tastes so good, I've never had hummus so fresh and delicious before anywhere. The service is great, staff are friendly and helpful, and I love the amazing atmosphere. This is an great addition to Calgary's food scene and is not one to be missed, way to go guys!!

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

What a hidden gem! The place is done just right the service is unique and very good! When she tells you her father says this dish was traditional only served to kings your first taste tells you why! This has become our new favourite! Amazing food great value and the daughter who serves is as lovely as the food! Not to be missed!!

1  Thank Lunapanzerdog
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This has quickly become a family favourite. We always start with the grilled eggplant and everyone love the kabobs & grilled veggies. The service is always a high point - and it is reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It's not a good sign when you are preparing to leave a restaurant at the conclusion of a meal with the thought of "What do we have to eat at home?" At the server's suggestion, I ordered the pomegranate stew as a vegetarian option. To my surprise, I received a plate of rice with a few unseasoned grilled vegetables and a big bowl of pomegranate sauce. The server admitted she should have described it more thoroughly, but when the bill came we were charged the full $26 for the non-chicken chicken stew. No apologies, no reduction in the bill. We waited an unreasonable amount of time for dessert (an unappetizing dry baklava) and coffee which took so long, we thought they had forgotten that part of our order. I will not, under any circumstances, return to this restaurant.

1  Thank debradl