“Discrimination on the menu”
Review of EggsOasis

EggsOasis
Ranked #2,283 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This restaurant recently fired an employee on the grounds that she has down syndrome and one customer was uncomfortable with that. This is Canada, not some ignorant backwater country. I refuse to go here and from reading the reviews I will advise one and all not to as well. The offensive manager/owner "Noor" needs to be educated as to what is and is not acceptable practice and attitude towards those in our communities who have a range of differing abilities. Discrimination such as this needs to be left at out borders.
Sounds like a disgusting hovel in Calcutta or some such place. Ugh. Skip it.

4  Thank Scott4308

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is newly opened. They may be going through some growing pains. The server tried but the kitchen really didn't have their act together. Thus all of our meals arrived at different times.
Atlantique fume was good. Chicken club a disaster. The eggs were done well.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is by far the worst restuarant I have ever been too. The dishes were dirty the food was so bad nobody at my table could even finish their meal. So bad!!! Do not waste your money on this overpriced and poor quality food.

3  Thank joanne o
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Right from the start this place was a big disappointment. Dirty cutlery on table with food baked on from previous use (visible on the fork - did not even have to flip it over), coffee cup with stains, the waitresses' black outfits, almost without exception, with very visible food stains, fries that tasted like they were cooked yesterday and re-heated and served today, the crepes were extremely bland, scrambled eggs were as if cooked by a kid, you could taste green bananas being used in fruit smoothie, coffee was a cheap blend that was almost like water, etc. etc. I don't know where to stop... overpriced and tasteless... it was not a pleasant experience. I hardly ever write reviews but this time I felt I had to write one as it was disappointing. I expected much better from a new restaurant like tis. Unless they improve things, especially their food quality, they cannot establish a repeat customer base.

2  Thank zoomX2
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Was seated promptly only to be ignored by both servers in the area for over 10 minutes as they acknowledged other patrons who were seated after me. Even after multiple prompts from the hostess to the server towards me, I received no service. I left the restaurant, which is a first for me.

Very disappointed in my experience.

3  Thank FiriendlyPat