“expensive but good”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 13, 2013

food was great, lots of fresh fruit, good variety for breakfast/brunch ( sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, crepes etc., a little pricy, service was a little slow but she was very nice.
Great for a change

1  Thank rocket007

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Eggsoasis is a concept similar to Cora: Eggs prepared in many different ways, and they are big on fruit: strawberries, cantaloupes, honeydew, etc.

Not everybody will love their version of pancakes: they do thin crepes instead. I had "crispy crepes" with fruit, English cream and Harvest Crunch -- I loved it! My wife is more health conscious than I and she grumbled a bit about the relative lack of healthy choices, although she did find things she enjoyed.

The service was pleasant and efficient.

My only complaint is that the tables are very close together and when things get busy like on a Saturday morning, the waitresses and customers have a hard time squeezing between the tables, I kept getting bumped from behind -- if you find that irritating, try to get a seat on the banquettes along the side of the room.

1  Thank niemand
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Never even heard of EggsOasis until the new one in Crowfoot. Went with my family for the first time and just loved it. The selection on the menu was great and can't wait to go back. The staff was very friendly .

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was looking forward for this place to open for some time as there aren't too many breakfast places in the area. I went during the week and it wasn't busy- in fact there were only a few other diners there.

Looks like they are trying to be similar to Cora's but the quality of the food and service is not nearly as good and the prices were similar.

They give you a jug of coffee. I didn't realize that the lid doesn't close on the top and it ended up spilling all over the table and floor. The coffee wasn't great but drinkable.

The crepes were very dry and tasteless. The fruit was alright- not the freshest and some of it appeared to be frozen and some of it was fresh. The waitress was pleasant but it seemed like she hadn't really done that type of job before.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had great expectation in this newly opened one because restaurants like this are rare in Calgary. Cora, one of its closest competitors in Calgary, was always busy; so I supposed this one should be worth a visit. I invited a friend to go for breakfast with me and we ordered coffee with a "Berries Explosion" ($12 approx.) featuring 3 layers of crepes with English cream and an "Oasis Brunch" ($13.95) featuring 2 eggs with baked beans, creton, bacon, sausage, ham, crepe and french toast. Coffee was $4.90 for two persons. There's an extra charge of $0.50 for choosing rye toast, but the waitress had never mentioned to us of such extra cost for the choice. Unfair but no big deal. However, although the food was good, there were a few issues that made the eating pretty uncomfortable. First, the table was very small and hardly accommodate two orders of breakfast with other side stuff (thanks to that it was not full house, so we could borrow part of the adjacent table to put side dishes and water glasses). Secondly, we asked the waitress to bring us two dishes to share the orders but she kept chatting with other colleagues and finally after 5 minutes we had to ask another waitress to bring us the dishes. Besides, I asked for a Tabasco and she brought me a dirty and almost empty one. Last but not least, the manager (a gentleman) there kept yelling at some kitchen staff or construction workers --- that's the worst any shopkeeper could do in front of customers, and such happening never failed to spoil the appetite of any hungry eater. As a summary, the food was good, but we felt unhappy for having to ask twice for the dishes, getting a dirty and almost empty Tabasco, and hearing the manager's yelling at people, not to mention the extra charge for choosing rye toast which was never mentioned at time of placing the order.

5  Thank CityJudge