“New favorite restaurant in Calgary !!”

7 Seas Seafood & Grill Restaurant
Ranked #1,236 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“New favorite restaurant in Calgary !!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

To start the server was incredibly personable and a great conversationalist you could tell that it was a family run company by the clear pride he took in helping us...he helped my husband navigate the menu as he's a "steak and potatoes" guy he picked the lobster and shrimp for him and I got the seafood al a king.
It was fabulous!! Incredible flavors not at all the fishy taste that you would expect from sea food in Calgary. We both cleared our plates and agreed that it was the best lobster we had ever had and the sauces were just beautiful.
We finished it off with the coconut dessert although i was not a fan at first of the texture I couldn't stop eating the flavor was so unique and well planned out ... It was like nothing I had ever had before and was so impressed .
Me and my husband are from the coast but work for a Calgary company... We have tried a lot of the local eats in the last few months but nothing that really stood out to us until now!

2 Thank Melissa G

Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food and great value”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The brother and sister that own this little restaurant certainly do their out most best to ensure your comfort and happiness at 7 Seas. They have ample items on the menu to choose from and the food tastes great. I ate there several times throughout my stay and really enjoyed my meals each and every time.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank OneRed1
Vancouver Island, Canada
“7 Seas' Food, I crave daily”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had eaten here 8 times during my stay in Calgary. My very first time I had their grilled platter that came with four dishes (crispy pork/prawn/salmon/mussels). Next day, I had their steak, lobster and shrimp. Then also tried prawn cooked in coconut milk. Also had Alaskan Halibut and finally had the filipino dishes (noodles/ribs/vegetables). Everything I had were incredibly delicious. Portions were huge and pricing is right. This place is family ran and they were very friendly, professional and attentive. This place has the feel of a home cooked meal. Great place, great experience and will visit again upon my return to Calgary.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Globetrotter118
“Good food and service!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Nice, small restaurant with a good variety of Filipino dishes and a few western, but still tasty, dishes for those so inclined. The food quality and taste is quite good and servers are attentive and friendly. Providing complimentary rice ($3/small bowl) with the meals would probably go a long way to mitigate the pricing and quantity issues brought up by other reviewers. Still, overall we were pleased with the experience and would return without hesitation.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank gwtrips
Regina, Canada
“Delicious! ”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We visited 7 Seas a couple weeks ago while on a trip to Calgary. I am a seafood fanatic so after reading the reviews, wanted to try this place. So glad I did.

The atmosphere is pleasant and basic. The service was incredible. The owner explained the menu and was always there if we needed anything.

The food was fresh and delicious. We had spring rolls (they were under a different name though), the grilled seafood platter and garlic rice. We were so full at the end and weren't quite able to finish everything. The price was very reasonable too.

We will be visiting this establishment again!

2 Thank Jamie155042