“Why call yourself a sports bar if u are going to play music I!!!”

Schanks Sports Grill - South
Ranked #1,522 of 3,605 Restaurants in Calgary
Gananoque, Canada
“Why call yourself a sports bar if u are going to play music I!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to this place as it was close to my hotel. I was super excited to go watch a hockey game. When I got there I was overwhelmed with the awesome atmosphere of all the tv's. I'm thinking this is going to be great. Well they will put your game u want on but no sound. They wanted to put sound for an NFL game that was on in an hour and a half instead if hockey. Ok I guess but we are in canada how does hockey not come first!!. Anyway I asked 3 times if they could put sound on for my hockey game for the 1.5 hrs til the stupid football game started. Nope instead they played music in a sports bar. Why call yourself a sports bar then. Also with technology the way it is u can't split the sound feed. Crap! Food was ok but I won't go back. U turned away a great customer to play music. I even had my jersey on. Sad !!

Calgary, Canada
“Go For A Flames Game”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place has an excellent atmosphere for a sports bar and has so many TV's and games going at once you will easily be able to find the game that you want to see. The service is very good and the food is the standard Pub fare, I know the re-invented the menu however, I generally have the Spicy Chili Boneless Wings with a pint during my visits.

It can get quite loud in there either with the crowd or the game audio going on so I would suggest not hosting a business meeting there, it is more for friends. As it is a pub there are no minors allowed in.

• Visited April 2013