“Authentic Thai Cuisine”

Cuisines: Thai
Canada
“Authentic Thai Cuisine”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a Thai restaurant restaurant offering authentic Thai cuisine with a class. I went with a friend and we ordered a Thai seafood soup, a pineapple fried rice, a calamari, a beef satay, and a dessert. Everything was surprisingly good in terms of quality and presentation, and I could tell the cooking was authentic Thai. If I were to dig out something for the improvement, then probably the only thing I can think of would be that the waitress would need to wear more friendly smile on her face. I can easily give the food 5 stars but only 3 stars for the service.

• Visited August 2013

Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times, the first being very shortly after it opened. The service has improved considerably since opening - the people were always very friendly, but now they're in the groove and know what they're doing, no more forgotten plates or utensils. With various friends and family I have tasted a variety of the dishes, and haven't been disappointed in any. Occasionally the the spice can be a bit more than you'd expect from the rating (mild, medium, hot), but everything is always very good. My personal favourite dish is the pad thai, so that's a staple of the order to go along with any of a number of curries and coconut rice. Yum!! Just writing about it makes me want to go again!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SeeTheWorld73
Calgary
“Tummy heaven”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a recently opened restaurant and equal to the previous best rating I have given to a Thai restaurant (The White Elephant).

Service was a little slow - still getting sorted out but the food? Oh my gosh - DEE-LICIOUS!! It's as good as The white Elephant but the food is quite different in taste so now we have two places to go to - yayy.

• Visited December 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Wish I Could Tell You About the Food but I Can't”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I went into this restaurant on March 1 to order takeout. I looked at a takeout menu while waiting for a server. When the server approached I said I would like to make a take out order and she flat out said no. Then she said the kitchen was too busy. I looked around an the restaurant was barely half full. I then asked if we chose to sit in the restaurant and eat if we would be served? She said yes. I was tempted to sit and order and then have them pck it all up to go when it arrived at the table but I was way too annoyed to stay so I left. I really don't recommend this because the service was so bad. I doubt if I will even attemp to eat here again when you can go across the street for some great Vietnamese with awesome service at Pho Van.

“Great food, small servings”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner found out about this restaurant from tripadvisor and we decided to have dinner there for her birthday. For starters, we had the Yam Woon Sen and boy, was it spicy! My partner's threshold for spiciness is awfully low. Although, she enjoyed the salad, she couldn't really take the spiciness. We also ordered Tom Yam Goong Royal recipe. It was delicious! But the serving was way too small, we each had a small bowl of soup and that was it. Next up, we tried the fresh water fishball in green curry. I love green curry and this had just the right consistency and flavour. The waiter also brought complimentary sides for us to try. Nice touch. That evening was a wet one. But enjoying the spread on a rainy evening only made the ambience all the more perfect. Wish I had tried the spring roll though. Heard a couple crunching on them towards the end of our meal. By then, we were too stuffed to order more.