“Wish I Could Tell You About the Food but I Can't”
Review of Smooth Curry - CLOSED

Smooth Curry
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I went into this restaurant on March 1 to order takeout. I looked at a takeout menu while waiting for a server. When the server approached I said I would like to make a take out order and she flat out said no. Then she said the kitchen was too busy. I looked around an the restaurant was barely half full. I then asked if we chose to sit in the restaurant and eat if we would be served? She said yes. I was tempted to sit and order and then have them pck it all up to go when it arrived at the table but I was way too annoyed to stay so I left. I really don't recommend this because the service was so bad. I doubt if I will even attemp to eat here again when you can go across the street for some great Vietnamese with awesome service at Pho Van.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner found out about this restaurant from tripadvisor and we decided to have dinner there for her birthday. For starters, we had the Yam Woon Sen and boy, was it spicy! My partner's threshold for spiciness is awfully low. Although, she enjoyed the salad, she couldn't really take the spiciness. We also ordered Tom Yam Goong Royal recipe. It was delicious! But the serving was way too small, we each had a small bowl of soup and that was it. Next up, we tried the fresh water fishball in green curry. I love green curry and this had just the right consistency and flavour. The waiter also brought complimentary sides for us to try. Nice touch. That evening was a wet one. But enjoying the spread on a rainy evening only made the ambience all the more perfect. Wish I had tried the spring roll though. Heard a couple crunching on them towards the end of our meal. By then, we were too stuffed to order more.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family tried this restaurant when it first opened and we were hooked!! We have tried many of the dishes, each one better than the one before. My daughter and I still fall back on the Pad Thai as one of our dishes but we have tried many of the curries and have enjoyed every one. My husband swears by their soups! Almost any of them. We actually have not tried appetizers yet as we find that the main dishes fill us up. Service is good and the decor is very nice. We are usually there on a weekend and have not yet had to wait for a table. This past Saturday (Family Day long weekend) it was very busy but the wait staff seemed to have everything under control. We noticed that they do a hopping business with their take-out too!! A great place if you love Thai Food.

1  Thank Albertameev
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our first visit to Smooth Curry was fantastic (on a Monday lunch time). We tired the Mango salad with Prawns and Pad Thai, along with some appetizers. The food was excellent and the restaurant decor and service was great!

Our second visit (on a Friday lunch time) was good, but the food was not up to the same standard. I was going to give this place 5 starts until our second visit. Wondering if they have different chefs during the week?

Give it a try!!