“Good food and beer. Lots to look at.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Plow
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
“Good food and beer. Lots to look at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't think I could be bored visiting the plow. Food is presented on massive boards. The rack of ribs was huge! There were music videos, westerns, a big patio and basketball and hockey playoffs on. It looked like there was a big party in a banquet room too. A great place to kill a few hours and chat with the staff who all seemed to want to say hi.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank ScottKostlyk

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place way better then any bar food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Food and service was great we will be back
Restaurant was not very busy I am not sure way
This is great place

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sandy V
Calgary, Canada
“Late night bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Arrived about 9 pm and made the decision to sit in the lounge. The Plow has three distinct areas, a large private room, the opens up for tables in the restuarant, a second level, between the private room and the lounge, and the lounge. During our visit it was a cool April evening so we opted for the lounge and a seat close to the fireplace. We started off with drinks and an appy, the Avocado Shrimp Dip, highly recommended, different and very good. My wife had the chicken Quesadilla for a main, and I, the fish and chips. We both tried each others, which was easy to do as there was lots of food. I had two large pieces of fish, which was in a very nice light batter and the quesadilla was also good, lots of cheese and chicken. Service was very good before during and after our meal (thanks Heather) and three people thanked us for coming as we left the restaurant. We felt welcomed while we were there and will be back.

A little hard to get to, you can see the restaurant off McLeod Trail, but you have to go around behind the restuarnt (west on Sun Valley off McLeod Trail) to get access.

Visited April 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great Steaks and a Good Beer List!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was at the Plow last night for arguably the best steak I've had all year. The beef was just great. Please don't change a thing. This place has a one of the largest draught beer and bottle selection that I've seen in Calgary. I highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
Fernie, Canada
“Good international beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great pub food- my friends loved the lobster mac & cheese. Small selection of international beers. Friendly service and good atmosphere.

Visited January 2013