“Sometimes really good, sometimes not at all” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Calgary, Canada
“Sometimes really good, sometimes not at all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I live near this Good Earth location, so I'm typically here at least once or twice a month. It's a comfortable coffee shop with a nice assortment of beverages and snacks/light meal items. Unfortunately I find the service really varies, and it feels like - besides a few core people - they go through staff fairly regularly, so you never quite know what you're going to get. Sometimes the service and quality of the coffee is awesome, other times it's the complete opposite (orders rung in wrong with overcharging, coffee not prepared as ordered, orders forgotten altogether...you name it, it's probably happened to me!). Though staff are usually apologetic when this happens, I'd like to see more effort made to ensure consistency overall. It would also be great to see some sort of compensation made to customers when things do go wrong - $ off, complimentary beverage, etc. This is what many competitors in the area do. Improving consistency and offering compensation when things go wrong would go a long way towards making this my go-to daily neighbourhood coffee shop.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank relax7500

Calgary
“Good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've always enjoyed getting together with friends and sipping coffee at this location. Very lovely atmosphere as well as great outdoor seating.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CleopetraCalgary
Calgary, Canada
“Place for coffee, and Muffin before getting in to work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to the Good Earth cafe at 601-6 Ave SW, accross from Bow Valley SQ. Needed something quick and sweet to bring my sugar up as a diabetic I had known I needed something quick and well healthy. The service was quick and the Muffin with Raisins and Jam did the trick, An hour and a half later my sugar was where I wanted it to be.

• Visited August 2012