“Busy steakhouse full of families”

Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Crowfoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Crowfoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 3,709 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

At 5:45 on a Sunday night we were fortunate to get a table without waiting. They do take reservations but leave 30% of the tables available for walk-ins. Many families were dining here with kids of all ages and since we also had a toddler with us we fit right in. Our server was very good, suggested a fruit/veggie dip plate for the toddler which she loved and kept her busy while we waited for our food. Our food was good- my steak was a tad undercooked but not so rare I had to send it back- the Caesar salad was huge with real shaved cheese and the warm sourdough bread very tasty. I think if you are planning a romantic evening for 2 this would not be the place to go but if you plan on taking your family for a good meal this Keg should be considered.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I so love meat. this place realy know how to cook a steak. the bread that they give is awsome. got there if you are a meat lover. no hippy here

Reviewed March 2, 2014

At 6pm on Friday we were greeted by a restaurant manager at the bar , brought us drinks right away . Lovely n friendly n place was full to capacity. Food was perfect n tasty . Service top notch. It was our first visit since it opened as we shy away from Crowfoot restaurants n we frequent one on McLeod but our daughter gave us a gift certificate n we dragged ourselves and BOOM we found out How Amazing our experience was . We shall be returning . Keep up the good work please as it is needed in the NW.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Took our family to the The Keg at Crowfoot last night for a birthday. I had made reservations a week earlier for 8pm. After waiting an almost an hour for our table the 10 of us were finally seated. Apparently the delay was caused by other patrons not vacating the tables needed for our group. Not an unusual occurrence and understandable. The wait was made more pleasant by the staff offering us drinks while we waited. Once we were seated the manager came over and apologized for the wait and informed us that they had appetizers being prepared and were almost ready to serve (and gratis). We were also provided with two servers for the evening. I think more restaurants should do this with large groups. It makes the evening go much smoother. Brittenay and Levi were friendly, professional and courteous. Our meals arrived in a timely manner, piping hot and together. The kitchen and dining room staff did an amazing job with our evening. This our second visit to this Keg and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a fairly new restaurant in the city and the atmosphere is beautiful. Service, though, was less than stellar and the food was only so-so. For a steak house I expected better cook on my beef. I wanted to have a second drink but the server never came back to ask until we were almost completely finished our meal. Not what I expected for sure.