“Smoky, dealers don't know the rules” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 294 things to do in Calgary
Calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Smoky, dealers don't know the rules”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you can get past the fact that there aren't free drinks at Alberta casinos due to liquor laws (never mind no specials even though it is a reserve), you still have to deal with a smoky atmosphere. You're allowed to smoke in this casino because it's on reserve land, however I thought it wouldn't be an issue because, like in Vegas, they have great ventilation and you only notice the smoke when the person next to you is smoking. That's not the case at Grey Eagle. It's smoky all around and you come home smelling like it.
We found the slots selection to be poor, so only played the tables. The dealers didn't seem to know the rules. We played played blackjack and the dealer didn't offer insurance when she showed an ace, so we asked for it and she seemed confused so the pit boss came by, heard what was going on, didn't resolve it, and left us. Then the next time when the pit boss was around and she showed an ace, then she offered the insurance! Rip off. Tried to ask her to clarify a rule and she again didn't understand what I was asking and tried to say how they play to 17. Not what I was asking so we left that table.
Then we tried roulette. I put my table chips on the table to swap for roulette chips and the dealer just stared at me. So I asked him "what? Was he asking me something?" And he just continued to stare at me. Plus the screen was broken that shows the history, so we left that one too.
Then tried craps. It was ok however they need to announce the roll louder so people on the other end can here what's happening. Double odds tables.

7 Thank Jenna17