“Some like it hot”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ate at King's last Friday after the lunch hour rush. It was still as busy place with almost every table taken even at 1:30pm. We ordered they signature dish Wor Wonton soup and were not disappointed. The service was fast and the food still steaming. Often the soup broth in these types of places is tasteless but even the broth was good after the meat and vegetables were consumed.
We noticed what others were ordering and the portions are very ample so I doubt anyone should leave hungry. Definitely a great lunch spot to eat in or takeout.

1  Thank Stevomars

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was working the North American 2013 Oil & Gas Expo in Calgary. My booth mates spent $25 on the buffet (plus beverages, etc.) and when asked, advised me that it was 'fair to midlin'. I had the 'late lunch booth shift' so I decided to pass on the buffet and wanted to locate the Oriental Restaurant I kept seeing advertisements for at the BMO Centre but couldn't find. Finally I asked someone where it was and I was advised it was on the second floor enroute to the trains. It was worth the hunt. For $15 a day I ate 3 lunches: a noodle bowl of soup I could barely finish and a bottle of water. Enough vegetables to make Mama proud and very healthy for a middle aged man on the road. Flat out delicious and excellent value. In addition, Connie, Angela, their family and staff were amazing for a cafeteria style meal. I would recommend this spot and by extension, their other two restaurants in Calgary, if they are half as good as their Stampede location. Bouquets to them.

Bricks to the Stampede and/or the show organizers who would not allow 'tip jars' anywhere on the show premises. For the quality service I received for every coffee, snack and meal I ate, a 'thank you' just doesn't cut it. Please get with the program and allow people to reward great service. I hope this is changed for the 2014 World Oil & Gas Show at the same location.

Connie, Angela, et. al., see you next year. Thank you very much.

2  Thank FrancoisJeanKoletar
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This restaurant consistently delivers great food, always hot, fresh, and large portions.
The War Won Soup is fantastic. So fantastic that I bring a 4 liter container and get a huge to-go order for later. Reasonably priced. Great breakfast and lunch location.

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I can only guess how many bowls of the Wor Wonton soup (#5) I have had at this place.....hundreds!!!! No word of a lie!!! I am like family now, after eating here for almost 20 years. I eat here about once a week now. I now order #4 (Wor Wonton, no noodles extra wontons) as I just can't finish it with the noodles anymore!!! 2 dumplings (great add on apply!!). I leave this place full, satisfied and wanting more each time I come. I did try the King's Burger once and it was also very, very delicious.......aside from that I have only ever had the Wor Wonton.

If it is incredible that you are looking for, make the stop and give it a try. You will not be disappointed. As for the decor, it has changed a lot in the last few years, sure the "chrome" is still there (only on counter seating) but I go for the food.....not the material that the seats are made of. Go early to avoid line ups!!! (only open to 4pm most days)

1  Thank Canadian_Food_Guy12
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The best WonTon soup in Calgary. Place is a little dumpy. Chrome furniture. Very little space. Always busy. They serve you very quickly and clearly they are built for volume. Good quick buddy lunch place.