“It was average”

Cuisines: Irish
Calgary, Canada
“It was average”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch today and we were seated right away. The pub was fairly busy and our server came over right away and took our drink order. I ordered the fish and chips and my friend ordered the burger. The food came out quick and hot and the fries were very good. They use a seasoning salt salt and were perfectly seasoned. The fish portion was small and over cooked. My friend's burger was good but he said it wasn't anything special. The prices were reasonable and our server was OK but not overly friendly. I would give my experience a 6/10 and would not hurry back anytime soon.

Alberta
“Pub lunch in Brentwood”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We met a friend at Jameson’s Pub and were amazed at how it filled up for lunch mid-week. No wonder it is so popular: a good selection of burgers, sandwiches and salads, along with great service. Even though we have driven by this place many times, this was our first visit. It felt much larger inside than expected. There was also a reasonable outside seating area if the weather had been better. Two of our group had the Chicken Ciabatta sandwich with spinach salad. Fresh ingredients, great taste. Another had the Farm Salad, one of several gluten-free menu options. It was a huge serving of fresh greens, grilled chicken, blue cheese crumbles and a tangy dressing. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Our server made regular appearances to ensure that everything about our meal was satisfactory. It was!

• Visited June 2014
Calgary
“Jamesons on wing night”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

A friend and I dropped in to Jamesons on Wing Wednesday, which also happened to be a game 7 hockey playoff night, so the joint was jumping.The interior is fairly large, and is decorated with dark wood and modern lighting, making it warm and inviting. The outdoor patio was popular. We waited about 10 minutes for a table....not too bad. It was very loud, and the patrons were young and energetic. We both chose wings, which were 35 cents each, with lots of flavors to choose from. They were medium sized, fairly meaty, and were delivered hot and flavorful. Our server, Alexandria, was cheerful and efficient, checking in on us often, and despite the busy atmosphere, took the time for a brief chat, which was a nice touch. The menu was typical Irish pub fare, and was reasonably priced. Our first impression was a good one, and we both mentioned we'd be back to try something other than wings on a quieter night. Good food, great service, nice atmosphere....a bit too loud for my liking, but all in all, a good experience.

• Visited May 2014
Calgary
“A great friendly pub”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I go there literally every week with friends yo have drinks. I usually get the good waitresses, but there are times that I get the ones that don't kw what they are supposed to do! I did talked to a manager once cause one of the waitresses had no idea what she was supposed to do. Other than that it's a great place. Nothing fancy, but a great place to get to get her with friends. They also have the best wings in the city (in my opinion)!

Regina, Canada
“So so nacho(s)”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Big open room, loud

Good service

Nachos 1/2 order, with beef and guacamole soggy but large. Pretty skimpy on the cheese

Not as good as kilkennys next door almost