“This restaurant is a must try!”
Review of Avec Bistro

Avec Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Avec Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 3,668 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: AVEC BISTRO AN INTIMATE SPACE WITH SEATING FOR UP TO 66 DINERS, AVEC IS OPEN FOR LUNCH MONDAY-FRIDAY AND DINNER SIX NIGHTS A WEEK. A ZINC BAR (SEATING UP TO 6) IS A POPULAR SPOT FOR DINERS TO ENJOY CASUAL CONVERSATION, GREAT FOOD AND COCKTAILS WITH OUR FABULOUS BARTENDER. PRIVATE FUNCTIONS AND PARTIES OF UP TO 72 CAN BE ACCOMMODATED. Reservations are recommended, walk-ins encouraged, and private functions can be accommodated with sufficient notice.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We went to Avec for a winemakers dinner. I'd heard about this restaurant and was excited to try it. The food lives up to its amazing reputation! Everything was incredible. I'm a picky eater and tried dishes I normally would not order for myself and was pleasantly surprised how delicious they were. The wine pairings were expertly chosen. Service was fantastic as well. This restaurant is a must try!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We came here for a second visit and had another memorable experience. It was a Thursday night and the restaurant wasn't busy which surprised me because I remember our last experience - it was near impossible to get a reservation a week in advance. On this visit I went with the gutbuster dinner - foie gras appetizer and the steak frites for an entree which is their most popular dish. The foie was quite good but now that I have had foie on several occasions and while this particular dish was the best of all my foie experiences I have to admit I am not a big fan of foie. However, I always urge people to give it a try if they can get past the foie controversy because it is so unique. The steak frites were a pleasant surprise. The menu describes them as "steak frites" and I didn't ask what that meant because I was just in the mood for steak so I ordered the small steak and when my plate arrived it had a heaping pile of of perfect french fries (and I'm not a french fry guy) and a small steak with a crispy and incredibly tasty exterior. The steak was sliced into "frites" and I was totally impressed with how good it was. The aioli for the fries was also delicious and I have no idea what made it so good - isn't it basically mayo and a couple more ingredients? Anyway, this is a great restaurant with fair prices and emphasis on service. You shouldn't be disappointed dining here.

1  Thank BRUCE W
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We ordered the burger for lunch. Taste was delicious. As we were paying we were informed the reason for the burger's great taste was that it was veal. We both don't eat veal. I cannot express how violated it made me feel. There was no mention on the menu that it was veal. I will never, ever return to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Fresh ingredients, well prepared, beautifully served. What more do you want in a restaurant? The price was right, and so was the ambiance. The owner suggested an excellent vin rouge that please my knowledgeable friend. I had vintage soda water, having hung up my wine decanter some years ago. A round of appetizers was well received and shared by all. The bouillabaisse which was perfectly prepared with a lovely slightly piquant sauce worthy of another order of bread to mop up all of it. The 'steak frites' is a popular entrėe.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Good quality French food - so alright, I had the steak frites, but well presented fare,authentic and lovely ambience. Good wine list ranging from $53 to $350 but thats Canada for you.