“Tasty Greek fast food”

Opa! of Greece Westhills
Ranked #1,691 of 3,679 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I remember that the first Opa restaurant was a curiosity, when it opened in the Market Mall food court fifteen years ago. Today, they are one of my go-to chains for healthier fast food. I usually get a pita wrap and a drink, or a souvlaki skewer and a salad. (Whole wheat pita is available.) Their staple offerings are souvlaki skewers in a variety of proteins, Greek salad, caesar salad, Greek-style pita bread, rice and lemon potatoes. I try to avoid the calamari and the Greek-style fries, even though they are very tasty, because I go to Opa to avoid deep-fried stuff. (When I first started popping in here, shortly after they opened a few years ago, fries weren't even on the menu to tempt me, but that has changed.) I like the way that staff always ask if you want tzatziki sauce, rather than giving it to you automatically.
Staff here are always friendly and efficient; turnover at this location is fairly low, so staff members know their jobs. You order & pay at the till when you come in, then wait just a few minutes for them to assemble your order. There are a few basic, bolted-to-the-floor type fast food tables and chairs inside, and if the weather is nice, you can take your order to one of their outdoor tables. Meals cost $9-$14 per person, children's menu is also available. You can even get baklava for dessert.

1  Thank Country_Wife