“Great place for fancier Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anejo Restaurant

Anejo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anejo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Calgary
“Great place for fancier Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The ambiance is great as soon as you enter the door - funky Mexican decor. The restaurant is VERY loud though, so don't go there if you're looking for a quiet evening! The restaurant was also VERY busy, so we found our service lacking (took 45 minutes to get our guacamole/drinks). The servers & wait staff were all very nice, but service was just very slow. The food was fantastic.
**reservations are a must**

• Visited February 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Tequila Offerings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Unfortuantely I didnt get to eat here, however we spent more than enough time at the bar drinking tequila.

The bar staff were exceptionally knowledgable on individual tequilas as well as variations of tequila cocktails and shots.

The facilities were superb and oozed class, as such i anticipated the prices to be up there but was pleasantly surprised in comparison to other "classy" places i've visited around the world.

If you're in town, get down there and try their specials, you never know, they may just break out there own special reserve for you...

Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Matt T
Calgary, Canada
“I hope it was just a one off night...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hands down this is my favorite spot for a great dinner with friends or when I have out of town visitors. However this last visit was not up to par.

Went in on a Saturday night at 730 and no wait for a table for 5, awesome! We ordered our favorite ginger margaritas and all of us almost choked at the first sip. It had the texture or extra pulp orange juice, but the pulp was all ginger. Not the norm as this is my favorite drink in the city and I have had it every time. The waitress was really good about my concern and brought me a delicious traditional margarita instead, but her reason was “everyone makes them different.” As a customer with a favorite drink who knows what it always tastes like, it made me feel like she wasn’t going to tell anyone about the issue to get it fixed for the future.

We ordered the amazing table side guacamole and after 25 min it still hadn’t arrived. We were not in a rush so not that big of a deal. But when we asked about it we were told the kitchen ran out of Avocadoes and it would be a bit. It finally showed up and the girl making it had a hard time as the avocadoes were rock hard. Edible but again not the norm. The boys ordered another serving of it and when this one showed up it was pre made, again not the norm. The second one we had to send back as it was beyond salty and none of us could eat it. After ordering our favorite tacos it was surprising to see that two of the house made hot sauces are now served in squeeze bottles. Still delicious and a must on fish tacos, I just feel like it doesn’t fit the experience, ambiance and price. We felt like we were complaining about everything and it put a damper on the experience. Our server handled it well, but it was defiantly not the true Anejo experience I typically tell everyone about.

• Visited January 2014
“Nice little spot for something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Calgary in early September from a secluded fishing trip. We wanted something fun and like Mexican food and tequila. Anejo was the ticket. We met the owner and all of the staff was hospitable and happy. We sampled some awesome tequilas and dined on some fantastic little dishes. It was a great experience to get us back to civilization.

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“One of my faves!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I really love this spot! It is a little loud at times on the weekends, but I bring all of my out of town friends here for dinner and drinks and they always love it. Have been going to it regularly since it's opened. Big fan of the fish tacos! The restaurant has a nice vibe, and the service is great. Always end up drinking way too much tequila but they can't be blamed for that :)

• Visited July 2013