“Nice little spot for something different”
Review of Anejo Restaurant

Anejo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anejo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 3,607 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nice little spot for something different”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Calgary in early September from a secluded fishing trip. We wanted something fun and like Mexican food and tequila. Anejo was the ticket. We met the owner and all of the staff was hospitable and happy. We sampled some awesome tequilas and dined on some fantastic little dishes. It was a great experience to get us back to civilization.

Visited September 2013

“One of my faves!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I really love this spot! It is a little loud at times on the weekends, but I bring all of my out of town friends here for dinner and drinks and they always love it. Have been going to it regularly since it's opened. Big fan of the fish tacos! The restaurant has a nice vibe, and the service is great. Always end up drinking way too much tequila but they can't be blamed for that :)

• Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Terrific Mexican GF find”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

we met up with a couple last night for a birthday celebration dinner at this terrific spot and i was pleasantly surprised!
The menu is clearly labeled with GF options and so many choices there were.
we ordered Guacamole, which was brought to the table and mixed in front of us and served with GF corn chips, as well as a Mexican Lobster Fondue served with Corn tortillas.
for the main course i enjoyed a chicken taco made with the corn tortillas.. delicious doesn't begin to describe it.
We arrived early and good thing too as it became quite busy shortly after we arrived.
AND there was even a half decent GF beer available on the menu. Of course a variety of tequilas for your choosing and many mixed drinks as well.
Waitress's were informative and helpful and understanding when i asked about their knowledge of Celiac and GF.
A definite go to place again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jackie M
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I love Mexican food and I heard about Anejo. We went tonight for our anniversary dinner and the food was great. Service was excellent. My only complaint was it was quite loud in the restaurant. I couldn't hear my husband who sat straight across from me at a small table. I would recommend reservations for anyone in the future. We had to wait for 20 minutes at a standing room only table. The food itself isn't quit authentic Mexican but it was still tasty. The food was fresh and fragrant.

• Visited November 2013
Regina
“Not authentic.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I visited this place for the first time last weekend and we chose a comfy cozy table that i liked, but were moved by the hostess, she claimed those seats are only for 4 guests or more. Since it was a date, we wanted a descent sized table to have dinner on but the two of us were seated on a very small table, my husband ended up seating on a small stool. We ordered drinks while we looked at the menu. I asked for a Michelada which was terrible... my partner asked for a Cesar's wich tasted just fine.

I looked at the menu and could not find a single appealing dish, confused, I asked the waiter: "how come you don't have nachos?" to which he replied: " the chef studied in Mexico for 6 months, nachos are tex-mex"... I am Mexican and I left the place with an empty stomach wondering how a chef who studied 6 months would know more about Mexican food than me... Not authentic and the staff was plain rude.

• Visited October 2013