“Decent sashimi downtown.”
Review of Koto Sushi Lounge

Koto Sushi Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Koto Sushi Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,286 of 3,575 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th & 4th S.W
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Decent sashimi downtown.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Had the mixed sushi and sashimi plus a Sapporo draft for nearly $40. Large slices of sushi and sashimi, not quite the freshest I've had but decent, and they gave me the tuna sashimi close to the belly :-) .

The rice in the sushi however was not so fresh so was a little disappointing. Good job they didn't have a chirashi sushi or I'd have ordered that and probably had a whole bed of sub-par rice.

Also, the Scot in me probably won't order the beer again - nearly $10 for a glass that was not even a pint. Problem is they don't have sake or shochu on the menu. And they need to do smaller batches of rice to keep it fresh.

But overall decent sashimi downtown.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Footloose_Ed

Calgary, Canada
“Expensive, Good sushi, dirty restaurant.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was presented in very unique ways; i.e. sunomono served in martini glasses, etc.. The food was tasty, although a few of the rolls didn't seem freshly made (rice was a bit dry, and the salmon had a very dry texture). All of our plates were filthy, with dried rice stuck to them, so we needed to ask for clean dishes. Drank out of water glass for five minutes before noticing sludgy ring on the inside.

Food really did taste good, but I'll never return... All of the dirty dishes (that's quite a lack of attention to detail for people in the food business) turned us off. Kind if happy to have made it out without food poisoning.

Last word.... Save your money and go to Ai-Li or Kinjo.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Laurinska
Calgary, Canada
“If you like sushi, go to ....KOTO and if you like sashimi go to .....KOTO”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We've been twice to Koto Sushi in the last month because of their promotion with Groupon (paid $50 for $100 worth of food / drinks). Every single dollar spent there was worth the double value of it. The food was excellent and we haven't got any problems eating un-cooked fish which can happened with some other sushi establisments. My wife reacts at the no so fresh fish very bad - not these times. The atmosphere is relaxing but I think a litlle bit busy (the place is big) it didn't bother me. The service was good - not excelent but I can say that the reason for that was that every single table was occupied (and they have probably more than 20 tables there. I definitely will go back even if I do not have the advantage of the groupon coupon.

• Visited February 2013
“Very good Sushi”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The presentation of all food in this restaurant is fantastic....The taste is wonderful. Highly recommend as one of the best Sushi Restaurants in Calgary

• Visited January 2013
“Scrumptious sashimi”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A most welcoming and sophisticated restaurant ambience. We made early evening reservations and were fortunate to be seated at a booth by the window. Our server was excellent. Prompt and couteous. We had the best miso soup I have tasted in a long time. Plus, I tried their salmon miso, be prepared for a meal in of itself...lots of succulent, large pieces of salmon. We tried their spicy edamame beans, which were tasty and not as spicy as some had told us. The sashimi was superb. Very fresh, succulent, large pieces of excellent fish. The best sashimi I had tasted in a long time. My partner had the sushi and sashimi platter and was duly impressed. We were hungry when we arrived and also ordered a salmon skin roll. Perfectly prepared as well. My only complaint was that it was all so very delicious and our appetites so initially large that we left more than sated. I have never felt that way after a sushi meal however, we didn't leave a bit of fish behind. It was that good! Excellent meal and we will be visiting again very soon. Calgary is fortunate to have such an excellent sushi restaurant with great atmosphere in the midst of downtown!

• Visited December 2012