“Always have enjoyed the food”
Review of 80th & Ivy

80th & Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
80th & Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 3,529 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Ave and 12th Street SE
Calgary, Canada
“Always have enjoyed the food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Been a few times and a couple times I have been blown away. Food is tasty and not overpriced. Have had both great & bad service. Let us hope it will get more consistent.

• Visited July 2013

“Overall a great experience!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Eating here was everything I had been looking for in a restaurant! Great service, atmosphere, and the food was unique AND exciting! No weird combinations.. their chef really knows what they're doing. 5's all around

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Drake222
“Terrible service”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving, no one too greet or seat us. We sat ourselves and grabbed our own menus from the server station. In a nutshell the service was terrible however the food was great. If it weren't for such a good sandwich I'd confidently say I would not be going back.

1 Thank Brando86
Calgary, Canada
“No Service Problems and fresh quality”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my second time here. On the first the City put my condo on the evacuation list for the flooding during dinner so I was a little preoccupied. The ambience is really nice. It is open with lots of light. There is a rustic dinning room with tons of plants in the back and a more funky bar area up front. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our waitress was friendly and generally good (although she did make one mistake in our order). The food is good, fresh and with local ingredients and they have a rotissiere item daily which is really nice. Several members of our tables had the rotissiere chicken and said it was flavourful and juicy. The sandwich is served on a very soft and flavourful brioche type bun which works really well with the chicken. My only issue is that the serve the same type of bread with the tuna club. On my first visit here, my partner had the tuna club and we generally agreed that the flavours were great and the bread was delicious but it did not go with the tuna as the texture of the tuna got lost in the soft texture of the bread. This time I ordered the same sandwich and asked that they put it on another type of bread and they put it on foccicia which was much better. It is a very good sandwich but I would suggest to the restaurant that they consider another bread pairing with the tuna.

All and all a good experience. We will be back.

1 Thank kcmcg
Calgary, Canada
“Will not be going back”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Food was edible and service.....absolutely horrendous! Would rather spend my money elsewhere. The decor of the place is nice but it means nothing if the food and service is sub-par. Apparently according to my colleague, they had the exact same issues a year ago. If it hasn't been rectified by now then this restaurant is a lost cause as far as I'm concerned.

Visited June 2013