“No Service Problems and fresh quality”
Review of 80th & Ivy

80th & Ivy
Ranked #183 of 3,569 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Ave and 12th Street SE
Calgary, Canada
“No Service Problems and fresh quality”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my second time here. On the first the City put my condo on the evacuation list for the flooding during dinner so I was a little preoccupied. The ambience is really nice. It is open with lots of light. There is a rustic dinning room with tons of plants in the back and a more funky bar area up front. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our waitress was friendly and generally good (although she did make one mistake in our order). The food is good, fresh and with local ingredients and they have a rotissiere item daily which is really nice. Several members of our tables had the rotissiere chicken and said it was flavourful and juicy. The sandwich is served on a very soft and flavourful brioche type bun which works really well with the chicken. My only issue is that the serve the same type of bread with the tuna club. On my first visit here, my partner had the tuna club and we generally agreed that the flavours were great and the bread was delicious but it did not go with the tuna as the texture of the tuna got lost in the soft texture of the bread. This time I ordered the same sandwich and asked that they put it on another type of bread and they put it on foccicia which was much better. It is a very good sandwich but I would suggest to the restaurant that they consider another bread pairing with the tuna.

All and all a good experience. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kcmcg

Calgary, Canada
“Will not be going back”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Food was edible and service.....absolutely horrendous! Would rather spend my money elsewhere. The decor of the place is nice but it means nothing if the food and service is sub-par. Apparently according to my colleague, they had the exact same issues a year ago. If it hasn't been rectified by now then this restaurant is a lost cause as far as I'm concerned.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank John T
“Love the lunch menu!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

A friend and I stopped at 80th & Ivy for lunch, and really enjoyed their smaller lunch menu. We both had the Cajun chicken sandwich with frites. The food was great, and all of the items on the lunch menu are $12, which includes a coffee and cookies to go when you're done. I loved that touch! I'd like to go back for dinner and try something off of the bigger menu.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carly17
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Fricking awesome.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food here is amazing. Can't wait to go back. The chicken sliders are things that dreams are made of. The are even better cold. Duck two way is just amazing. The Clear honey is out of this would. Happy hour with 3 listed appies for $15 is a great deal. We will be back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nkeeler
Calgary, Canada
“a nice lunch on the patio”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have to agree with some of the other comments re the service. I walked into the restaurant, looked around for a minute -- finally sat down -- and watched 4 or 5 employees walk by and around me before someone finally said 'do you need something'. I should comment that the restaurant was empty and there were only 2 tables of people on the patio. Not the best way to start the experience.

I then decided to seat myself outside in the hopes that the waitress out there would acknowledge me and bring a menu. This was a much better choice. The waitress on the patio was friendly and offered both wine and food suggestions.

We tried the short rib sandwich with fries and the tuna sandwich with salad. Both were very tasty and fresh. The short rib had mushrooms and onions piled on top - which added nicely to the open face sandwich. I was told the tuna was good.

I might try 80th & Ivy again -- but would really hope that management would improve on the customer service. It is not very inviting to show up and be ignored for 5 minutes!

• Visited May 2013