“Food ok, spotty service”
Review of 80th & Ivy - CLOSED

80th & Ivy
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Ave and 12th Street SE
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for brunch with a group of 6. Seems that I was sititng in the wrong chair. Fly in the water, fly in the juice, no towels in the washroom...food was cold, sent it back and it came back cold again. Forgot part of the order for 3 others. Details, details, details. This could be a great restaurant as the atmosphere is inviting and friendsly but unless they train the staff, it's doomed to fail once the newness of bloom is off the rose.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went here for dinner in March 2013 with colleagues. We had a few appetisers, a couple of drinks, and dinner. The food was decent, though overpriced, and the drinks were pricey too. This is a decent restaurant, but nothing special. There are better and more affordable options along 17th Avenue....

Reviewed March 14, 2013

You will always get a warm welcome here! I have been to the restaurant several times but brunch was especially fun for myself and my our of town guests. The pressed coffee and brunch dishes were delicious. I strongly recommend the food here. You may wait a few extra minutes for the food, that is made fresh and contains locally grown food, but it is well worth the wait!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've been there twice, and both times I had the same thing, and both times it was good. Not crazy excellent to my taste, but good. The rotisserie Chicken was tender, I thought the plate looked bland and un appetizing, although the food was appetizing. I like that its a farm to table place, if I couldnt get into noteables, or I was on 17th and wanted to stay there, 80th would definitely be an option.
The service was great though, the managers were out clearing tables and helping, it looked like they worked well as a team, and everyone was quite sincere. The place looks great, the lounge is a little cafeteria like for me, but the dining room has more of a cozy feel to it, I think it will be interesting to see it in the summer.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recommend trying the flatbread. It was really good. Atmosphere was great, nice and lively. Great hangout for a Friday night with friends.

1  Thank shayre21