“Great food and great atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 80th & Ivy

80th & Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
80th & Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th Ave and 12th Street SE
Vancouver
“Great food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recommend trying the flatbread. It was really good. Atmosphere was great, nice and lively. Great hangout for a Friday night with friends.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank shayre21

Toronto, Canada
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I ate here recently for a work event. We had the entire back room booked, and although I can not comment on the prices, the quality of the food was amazing. The braised short ribs were delicious!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank John K
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome service, mediocre mains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Last night was our first time at 80th & Ivy, and overall, it was pretty good. Our server, Aishah was amazing! Super friendly, and down to earth, and explained things on the menu to us really well. She was great at offering suggestions from the menu as well.

We had the gorgonzola mushroom dip, to start, and my boyfriend has the east coast oysters. The dip was perfect, probably one of the best I've ever had. My boyfriend said the east coast oysters were just as good! For dessert we had the sticky toffee pudding, make sure to save room for it, its so worth it!

The only downside about our meal were our main courses. I had the Arctic Char, it was over peppered, and the sides weren't overly appetizing. My boyfriend had the lamb, the plate looked really boring, he said the lamb and risotto were great, but not really wowed by anything.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great service, food good quality but somewhat bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went there for our Valentines dinner and I have no serious complaints. The service was excellent and our waitress Aisha was very friendly and helpful in every way. The appetizers, mushroom dip and oysters were excellent. However the main entrees I felt were just a little basic and bland. We had the lamb and arctic char. Perhaps it was just our choice. The quality was great but I guess it just felt like an ordinary dinner rather than a special night out. The dessert, sticky toffee pudding, was great and definitely recommend it as our waitress did. Overall if you want a decent dinner and a nice ambiance this is a good place, just dont expect your mind to be blown.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Alberta
“Lovely but way too loud...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had my birthday dinner here with hubby. The place was hopping for a summer night - and thank goodness we reserved otherwise, we'll be standing in line forever! Food was great - loved the raclette cheese appies and the food we had was awesome! One negative though - was that it was too loud on the bar area - I swear, it's like, being in the middle of a trading floor with the noise level at the area.

Visited August 2012