“Something for Everyone”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 19, 2014

There were five of us today. Being the Monday of the Victoria Day weekend we waited till 1:30 to come to avoid a long wait. We waited outside for abut 10 minutes. BTW there is a huge pail of sidewalk chalk to doodle with while you are waiting!
There were two seniors, two children and one teen. We ordered three milkshakes, 2 coffee, 2 traditional Eggs Bennie, one veggie burger, one children's grilled cheese meal and one hazelnut-chocolate crepe with caramelized bananas and whipped creme. Also an order of poutine for two to share. All meals were delish.
The service was a little slow but it looked like the kitchen was slammed. It was all worth waiting for for sure. The decaf coffee was a little cool but we really a great meal with cheerful service.
There were vegetarian, vegan and carnivore choices as well as gluten options.
I agree with other reviewers that with the high ceilings and wooden floors the noise level is a bit high.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back on my next trip to Calgary.

There are newer reviews for Red's Diner

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We love this spot for an early morning kick start and keep coming back because of the staff rocks. Red's has a great energy with just the people but they could cut the loud music and still have a success. The menu is varied and creative but portions are way too much . The coffee is outstanding , locations and parking no problem - but get there early.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Visited reds for a breakfast business meeting recently, enjoyable. We arrived early and as time went by and Red's filled up, the noise level definitely increased. The high ceilings and wood floor (great ambiance) allow the noise level to rise, however, having said that, it creates a good vibe. We had great service, our coffee cups were always full and the food was very good. I had the short rib hash and eggs scrambler, which was excellent and plenty of food, I could not finish it. My guest had an egg white omelette with a couple of special requests and it came out perfect.

Great spot for breakfast. Next, I will try reds for lunch.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Extensive menu with breakfast and lunch items - everything you could ask for in a diner, plus a little more.

Service is quick, and great at refilling water/coffee, which is always what's most important to me when I go there.

Definitely will be back.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

First time to reds went around 330 close to closing time. Staff was welcoming and polite, atmosphere was great I ordered the club sandwich on sour dough cheese bread with fries. Girlfriend had same but side perogies instead. The club was delicious fries crispy and the perogies where very good. Will definitely be back for breakfast!