“Breakfast spot”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We decided that we wanted to try something different than our usual breakfast spot. While we were visiting a friend downtown earlier in the week we passed this place and decided to try it.

Its a small place, quaint and very cute. Its styled in retro diner look and nostalgic. It was a Friday morning about 10ish it was quiet and slow at this time. The prices were comparable and for the amount of food we received was excellent. The food was delicious and the cappuccino i had was fantastic. I would recommend this place if your in the mood for a different place for breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Red's Diner

Reviewed January 20, 2014

It's an oft-repeated lifecycle of good eateries in Calgary; a small cool place opens, it gets popular, there are line-ups, the place becomes insufferably loud, food and service deteriorate as prices rise, close the doors.

I sincerely hope this is not the fate of Red's Diner in Ramsey. The food and service (in January 2014) are excellent...but the line-ups get longer and longer each time I visit. On a Saturday or Sunday morning, it is not possible to converse with your companions at any volume below "shout". I'm completely mystified why ownership would add loud music to the mix - I think this just exasperates the situation.

All said, the food and service remain excellent. I've eaten a half dozen meals here - lunches and breakfasts - and they've all been exceptional.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I ate here for lunch as it was next to my hotel. It was quite busy but I received quick friendly service. The meal was excellent - I ordered a Cobb salad and it was delicious - loaded with chicken bacon and cheese and a delicious creamy basil house drsg. I thought the price was a bit high ( 15 ) for a salad but when I received it realized why - it was a very large salad !! Enjoyed my meal here ....... Great place for a quick lunch .....

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We decided to try out this diner on an early Sunday morning and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and the friendly service. The menu offers a large variety and everything is freshly made with local products if possible. I had crepes filled with ham, spinach and swiss cheese, they were delicious. My husband ordered a hash with pork and poached eggs on top, it was very tasty and perfectly done. The coffee is great, we loved the relaxed atmosphere and will definitely go back there to try out some of the other interesting offerings on the menu! Come early when there is plenty of parking right next to the diner. Later in the day you might have to park a few blocks away, but a little walk in nice weather never hurt a person, the area is wonderful.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

What a great place for breakfast. I had the fortune to be in town for a few weeks nearby, and I ate here nearly every morning. I tried quite a lot from the menu, and the only disappointment was the Buttermilk Buckwheat pancakes (I think the buckwheat is too much). My fave was the breakfast sandwich, which happens to be the cheapest plate as well. Friendly service, nice atmosphere, and fantastic coffee. Thanks guys!