“Large & In Charge”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Large & In Charge”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

So many great diners in our City, so little time.

Red's is another place that's been logged in the memory bank for quite some time. I would forget about it, then we'd be in the area, drive by and suddenly be reminded we must try out this Diner. Plus it's not hard to miss the obvious Rooster signage as you go by.

Opportunities lately have allowed hubs & I to sneak out for date lunches more often than ever before. Our lunch at Red's was one of those golden opportunities while the kids were at school. We were able to walk in and be seated immediately. I love the warm & inviting decor inside and the immediate friendless of the staff.

As soon as I saw the Prairie Breakfast Plate on the menu I knew I had to have it since it offered perogies as part of the meal. Hubs decided to stick with lunch and ordered the Chicken Club Sandwich with fries & gravy. I love a Diner where you can order a special coffee drink and so I hastily or maybe happily ordered my regular (cappuccino). It was delicious.

Our lunch arrived rather quickly and we got to work vowing to share bites. Well hubs is a creature of habit and always starts with his fries & gravy. So I had to jump in and sample before they were all gone. I have to shout out how yummy the home made gravy (with some sort of vino in it) was. The fries were crispy and tasty. His Chicken Club was made the way a Chicken Club should be...with chicken breast (instead of sliced deli meat). It was large and he was in charge as he gobbled it down.

I started on my poached eggs which were cooked to perfection. The Kielbasa was scrumptious but I gave most of it to hubs since it was a lot of food for me and he has that darn wooden leg. The perogies were everything a perogy should be...not over stuffed, cooked properly and mighty good.

We left feeling full and satisfied. I have to give this place 5 stars because they met every expectation and then some.

• Visited November 2012

“Best Hash Ever!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I went to Red's today for a team lunch. I ordered the Montreal Smoked Meat Hash with two eggs and sourdough toast.

Wow. Hot and tasty. Great service and great food. I plan to go back soon!!

1 Thank Brett P
“Excellent Hash!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hash dish I've ever tasted. Food was a bit greasy, but its to be expected :) will definitely go again.

1 Thank Gaby O
ScottishPlaces
“Best breakfast in town.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had to wait about 10 minutes at 11am on a Sunday morning. Lots of rich breakfast options, eggs Benedict, pancakes, you name it, fab. Friendly, packed with people curing hang overs.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RD_Places
Calgary, Canada
“Best darn breakfast in Calgary hands down!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We love this place for the great food, warm staff and vegan options. We have been to all of the diners in Calgary and this one consistently delivers above all. Almost hesitated to write this review, as it will only get busier than it already is. :-)

• Visited September 2012