“Good Pizza but brutal to deal with”

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Ranked #2,561 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Pizza
Calgary, Canada
“Good Pizza but brutal to deal with”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been ordering pizza from Chicago Deep dish forever from a number of different locations. The pizza has always been very good but this evening, it tasted different. My wife and kids had 1/2 cheese and I had 1/2 all meat. My pizza tasted off and why do I know this, because we order from this location at least twice a month. I took the pizza apart and the ground beef tasted funny. I called into the regular phone number because you can't call each location directly and the person on the phone was not helpful at all. I told her that I was calling in as the meat tasted off and I wanted to let the store know. I wasn't looking for a free pizza or any money back and she told me that they had a power outage yesterday and they re-cooked all the meat. When I questioned her on this, she said that they threw out all the hamburger and made new meat this afternoon at 2.00 pm. I asked her if they threw the meat out or re-cooked it and she was confused.

I then asked her to give me the number to the location and she refused and I asked to speak to her manager. She told me that there wasn't a manager in and to call back. I asked her what the name of her manager was and she told me that there wasn't one at all...

I am very disappointed as I have been ordering from Chicago Deep Dish pizza for over 16 years and this was by far the worst experience I have had.

• Visited July 2013